Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Importing files larger then 5mb

Please up your maximum file size for attachments (documents & photos). Currently you cannot upload a file larger than 5MB to attach to an email which is extremely inconvenient when you have well-designed trainings with multiple screenshots. Even after compressing my 13 page training it was 5.7MB, still too large. A simple Gmail account allows you to upload attachments that are up to 25MB, so only allowing for 5MB is very low. It's even more frustrating because our company is only using 9% of it's total available space, so there's plenty of room available for a couple larger attachments.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

*Updated July 2023*

We acknowledge that this particular feedback has been requested for quite a while. The current file size requirements can be quite limiting for some. We currently have some tickets open within our product and engineering teams to look at increasing file upload sizes. With further research, in our current state, if there was an allowance for a larger file size for any type of file in the library (documents and images), the images would resize to 1200px width and suppress image quality.

At this time, there are no further updates in terms of expected timelines. We'll keep you posted.

104 Comments
user32471
Rookie

5MB file limit is too small! please increase!!!! 

RichardK972
Rookie

Please Please Please - running into this problem once a quarter when we try to send out our revised price list! I have compressed, combined, removed images, optimized for web and tried archiving. It is just above 5 MB - so frustrating!

CathyH2
Campaign Expert

In this day and age 2mb is nothing.   It really makes sense to raise the limit.  I have to send 5 different files in order to set up an email and that is pretty ridiculous.

JaneS326
Not applicable
My custom email gets cut off due to ConstantContact's 5mb max size. How can I proceed to get my email design to fit entirely? Thank you
Skyland2013
Campaign Contributor

Skyland2013
Campaign Contributor

Gmail: sends files up to 10 GB using Google Drive. iCloud Mail: sends files up to 5 GB with Maildrop turned on using iCloud Drive. Outlook Mail on the web: sends files of up to 10 GB using OneDrive. Yahoo Mail: sends files of up to 5 TB using Google Drive (with Dropbox integration also available).May 1, 2020

This program absolutely needs to provide a larger file size accommodation!
ArkansasB5
Rookie

Been using Constant Contact for years as a primary source for my business and several organizations.  One has a 9MB newsletter that we cannot shrink any further - no idea that the paltry 5MB limit was in place - no excuse for that - anyone have any workarounds?

Wheelmen
Rookie

ArkansasB5,

I have found a workaround; however, I don’t know if it will work in your case. Basically, I use Adobe creative suite to do our newsletter. I take my file from indesign and when I export it as a PDF, I compress all images to the lowest quality. Our file size is reduced well over 50%. Your images will still look fine on a smartphone, but won’t be nearly ideal quality if your file is printed. If you want to look at our newsletter, go to westfloridawheelmen.org and click on the newsletter header. Download one of the newsletters and you’ll see the image quality. These 14-20 page newsletters (Cycling News) are each under 5mb. Hope this helps! —Chris

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Under Consideration

*Updated July 2023*

We acknowledge that this particular feedback has been requested for quite a while. The current file size requirements can be quite limiting for some. We currently have some tickets open within our product and engineering teams to look at increasing file upload sizes. With further research, in our current state, if there was an allowance for a larger file size for any type of file in the library (documents and images), the images would resize to 1200px width and suppress image quality.

At this time, there are no further updates in terms of expected timelines. We'll keep you posted.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More