Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Insert vertical divider into a campaign

You have horizontal spacers to separate sections, but not a vertical spacer. I'd like to be able to add a vertical bar to separate my content. Thanks!

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Thanks for all the feedback! In new templates we've added a new layout type that features a vertical divider bar that can be adjusted for your column width. This can be found under the layouts in the Build panel:

verticallayout.png

Feel free to give it a try in your next campaign!

32 Comments
PamelaG576
Rookie

Can you tell us when to expect vertical spacers and dividers to become available on the new editor?

GLCommerce
Rookie

I think adding a vertical bar would give the option for a more dynamic layout. But in my case, I need to separate quarter page ads. 

Thanks!

JudithP201
Rookie

Please add a vertical divider.  It's really important to divide the columns.  

SPSFNWA
Rookie

Would love to see the addition of vertical dividers. The people are asking for it! It would be so, so useful.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

What is the status of this request? It seems like a no-brainer. Since you offer these drag and drop segments with two or three items, a vertical rule is in some cases essential, and since you are not allowing access to html at this time, it must be built into your drag and drop options! You seem to assume that every segment will always have a photo and text, which helps to define those segments as elements, but in cases where there are two text segments next to each other a vertical rule will really help the design. It would also be good if it were possible to select different background colors for these two column segments sitting side by side (and allowing space between, so you could have colored blocks.

Also, I was excited to see there is a 5 column block, which was not there previously when I worked with the 3G editor, but why have you skipped over 4 columns? It would really be helpful to be able to choose between 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 column blocks.

DinaC76
Campaign Collaborator

Agree, in need of a vertical divider. 

SanGabriel
Rookie

Please add a vertical divider/bar in order to visually separate two columns in the new editor. It is very much needed. Can you please give us an update as to when we can expect it?

MargotF7
Campaign Contributor

Does anyone besides users read this post?  Vertical dividers please!!!

DGFund
Rookie

I would love a vertical divider line :smileyface:

LindseyB762
Rookie

We need vertical spacers and/or a way to make the image or text box much smaller in width. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More