Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Manage contact lists with folders

The new design is mostly working well. But I really need a place to put lists that are no longer active, but still need to be maintained for reference. Our organization markets internally to our members. We have two main seasons, fall and spring. The membership shifts slightly each season, as some members take a break and others join or rejoin. I want the current season lists to be visible, but need to know which past seasons included a particular member. I want to be able to display, under "Email Lists," organizing folders as we can in the "Emails" module. That way I can have the most current, active lists visible and available; the other lists are archival and can be referred to without cluttering the interface. Thanks!

37 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @AEMPublicAffairs. I don't have any update to share with this request. If we do make any changes, we'll be sure to share them.

GregoryB457
Rookie

I have Companies and with that they have different offices in the California area. I need to be able to make a company folder and put the separate offices (contact list) within that folder. I have a lot of lists and I just started :smileyface: Is this an option yet as I see it has been being asked since 2014. :smileyface:

MikeF7965
Rookie

Is there a reason why, a simple programming issue such as groups, has been ignored even after multiple requests for 6 years?  Seems like a very simple fix and would make using the system much simpler.

Frankie_P

Hi @MikeF7965 I apologize this feature is not yet available. There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. However the more feedback and requests received in this thread, the higher of a priority this request will be given with our Product Team.

FleetOfAngels
Rookie

This idea has a lot of support from customers.  I wonder why it hasn't been provided yet.  Seems like offering folders for lists would be easy, since they're already offered for campaigns. 

AliseKCI
Rookie

Here's another request for folders to add to the pile! Like many others, we have different audiences (fundraising, research, consumers, colleagues) and it would be beneficial to organize our lists into folders. I won't be sassy with my opinions about this being a much needed feature, since the sentiment has already been expressed in this thread but.... sure would be nice!

JakeJ
Rookie

Hey, WE NEED FOLDERS FOR LISTS. Thank you :smileyface: Just trying to add to the urgency. 

LindaJ2
Campaign Contributor

Agreed, we have four different main areas: training, programs, newsletters, fundraising. Each of these areas have multiple lists maintained by different team members. We need to be able to give each team member a folder with their lists.

Anusara
Marketing Expert

The last post I can find about archiving LISTS is from 2018. Does anyone know if Constant Contact has added that feature since then? If not, that would be very useful!

Frankie_P

Hi @Anusara

At this time being able to archive contact lists is not an available feature. Because of this we're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect the status of the idea with our engineering team. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on the idea but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect both requests along with use case examples. In fact, were you hoping for something that archives/displays it separately outside of the Contacts page?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More