Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Measure the number of times an email was opened by my clients/ prospects?

Hello community, 

I would like to be able to measure the level of engagement of my prospects and clients by the number of times
that my emails were opened. This information will be available in my email reporting. I will be able to run a report and the
report will tell me the people that have opened my email the most and the number of times that this particular email has been
open. 

Also, I would like to have the option if my email was forwarded to somebody else? All this is available on Watson Campaign
Automation. 

Thanks,

Carlos 

11 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @DavidM1991  thank you for sharing your feedback! Have you tried using our contact segment feature? This feature will let you pull a report of contacts based on their engagement with your email campaigns. So you can see who has been opening your emails over time! Then for the number of times particular email is opened, this is already included in your campaign’s open report! The good news is you can filter this report to include All Opens. This will show all the times your email has been opened and by who. However being able to track if your campaign has been forwarded is not a feature that is currently available. Once an email gets forwarded this is being done by their own email client and not Constant Contact. I have tracked this feature request in your account in the meantime.

DavidM1991
Campaign Expert

Thanks for your answer and help. I checked all the links that you mentioned. However I couldn't find a solution for my answer. I checked the reporting and segments sections. Neither of both sections tell me the number of times that a specific user has opened an email. I have to count manually each of the times the email was opened by the client but i would prefer to have that counting done by Constant Contact. 

The forwarding option is available on Watson Campaign Automation. 

Thanks again Frankie! 

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @DavidM1991. At this time, the All Opens dropdown only displays each individual open that could be counted and not an overall number of times each contact has opened the email.

Also, I looked at your account for Watson Campaign Automation and I am not seeing this campaign name in your account. Is this in regards to a different Constant Contact account? If it is, for your security, please email us at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the username, the name of the campaign, and a reference to this post. Thank you!

DavidM1991
Campaign Expert

@DavidM1991 wrote:

Hello community, 

I would like to be able to measure the level of engagement of my prospects and clients by the number of times
that my emails were opened. This information will be available in my email reporting. I will be able to run a report and the
report will tell me the people that have opened my email the most and the number of times that this particular email has been
open. 

Also, I would like to have the option if my email was forwarded to somebody else? All this is available on Watson Campaign
Automation. 

Thanks,

Carlos 

Watson Campaign Automation is a similar software like Constant Contact developed by IBM.  I dont have an account under that username. 

Frankie_P

Hi @DavidM1991 

I apologize we misunderstood your original question. At time time having a tool in Constant Contact that allows a contact to forward your campaign is not available. This is however a feature request we have submitted in your account.

Van-MM
Rookie

When exporting a Click or Open report, is it possible to have a column added that shows the total number of clicks or opens from each recipient? Currently when I export an email's click report, I have to sort the recipient's emails alphabetically and then manually count which emails are interacting with our links the most. Our real estate agents find it highly valuable to see which emails are interacting with our email campaigns the most. They use this to follow up on leads, and we currently have to waste a ton of time going through each click report to extract this information. We used to use , and their reports automatically give out the total number of clicks that each recipient has made, which is a clear indicator for us that someone is interested in one of our properties. It would be great if there could be a column added to the Click and Open reports that would show how many times each recipient has either Clicked a link or Opened the email.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @Van-MM thanks for sharing this feedback with us! While this type of reporting is not currently available, it is a great feature request we have tracked on your behalf. We have also opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well.

LoriWheeler
Rookie
I wish to be able to quickly see how many times each individual opened an email. A column that shows how many times that person opened the email in the opens report, and to be able to organize the list by how many times everyone has opened it, because we contact those who are interested based on how many times our clients open emails.
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. As mentioned, you can export the "All Opens" view and filter the report within Excel to show who is opening your email multiple times. You can review the steps to view multiple opens in this Knowledge Base article.

We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

WayneW73
Rookie

I recommend a new reporting feature that is similar to the one found here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GuY2aylUPGOaeFuk-PtyjpoWEQR5r_uR/view?usp=sharing 

It's critical for me to know how many times each of my email recipients open.  In order to save time, I need to see this metric listed on a CSV spreadsheet like the one linked above.

Thank you for considering my request.

Best regards,

Wayne Wickizer

385 239 8326

justice4eternity@outlook.com

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More