I just went through the process of creating a facebook ad to coordinate with a CC email compaign. I discovered two things that we're not clearly communicated when I started: 1) I need to have a FB business page in order to do the FB ad via Constant Contact (fortunately, I do have a FB business page); and 2) that AFTER the ad is completed it will then show my FB profile image and sponsoring name of business. However, I will never see or get to actually test the FB ad before or after it's sent out.
To me, this is ridiculous. When the FB support person answered my question "why?", I was told that I wouldn't want to waste 1 of my 10,000 ad postings on myself. Really? Of course I would! Why should I create and pay for an ad the final version of which I cannot even see!!
You guys should correct this.
My test ads were not coming over and then chat option is not working, clicked on it and it won't work.. and you can't post just the Flyer to FB.. If you could just post the flyer that would be great its not all emails...
Ok, let's start by saying that CC (constant contact) does a terrible job posting to FB.
1. the smallest amount of days to run ad is required at 14 days, which is too long in my case.
2. no way to list all current facebook ads without remembering which email it was with is hard.
3. no control to send FB ad right away and having to wait for the schedule time in CC is bad.
4. The lack of control who is going to see the ad. FB allow me to select the cities and range for each and the type person i want. CC only does one city with range or entire state.
5. CC does not allow me to assign dollar amount to spend like FB. $250 is minimum per ad.
6. no FB preview or copy of ad to review.
7. Image size is restricted and error that comes up is confusing. Whys is this an issue, is it not in FB.
8. No way to cancel online. Had to sit on the phone for 1/2 hour with CC to cancel, passed on to 2 people waiting for third person.
9. having to hunt for this location just to post feedback, almost like they don't want it.
Call me if you want on Case# 20846977
I agree with Mr. Perry and I feel the same way about you. CC needs to step up to the plate and do their jobs! You guys are bold.
Thanks for sharing this feedback with on your experience with Facebook Ads. We apologize for any confusion there may be with connecting your Facebook Business page. You are correct, Facebook Business pages are currently connect to personal pages. This is however due to updates made on Facebook's side of settings and is not something Constant Contact can control.
With that said, because the social ads experience has since been updated with other features including the preview option, we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teamsVisit the Blog
See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.Learn More