Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Permanent removal from trash

Please consider adding as empty trash feature. Fully understand there is no limit but completely deleting campaigns works better. Especially if multiple users use same account. Thank you

57 Comments
htlcleesburgva
Campaign Contributor

Please add the option to permanently removed deleted campaigns from the deleted items folder.  I don't have a single campaign that I need to save which is in the folder, and I prefer the option of being able to "clean the slate".  

AshleyR40139
Rookie

The deleted folder is actually an archive folder. Which is dumb because I won't put something in deleted unless I'm willing to get rid of it. 

CC should rename it archive, append ARCHIVED to everything in it. And if people still want to delete add a trash bin. 

JordanT29
Rookie

Same request. I can't believe people have been asking for this since 2016 and Constant Contact still hasn't added it. I honestly don't see what the problem is? Why won't you add this feature? Even if the Archived folder automatically deleted old campaigns after saving them for 6 months I think people would be happy. Your team has obviously decided for whatever reason it is better for you to not provide this option, and I would really like to know why. I'm sure others would like to know as well.

buffy123
Rookie

There is one option for deleting old emails - find an alternative to Constant Contact. It's really too expensive anyway. 

On the "home" screen there is a delete folder and a counter of those deleted but it really doesn't delete campaigns. It would be very helpful to be able to permanently delete campaigns. for what we do we send multiple campaigns every school year with 4 different messages and they are the same general message with tweaks made each year depending on the information we get from the school. A constant contact from 2015 is something we would like to permanently delete as those 15-20 constant contacts are obsolete and only taking up room which makes it confusing and cluttered for the next school year, especially when dealing with the communication of over 50 schools.

How do I permanently delete items in the deleted file. We send out so many new emails each month that this file gets to large to work with when we accidently move an active to it. Hard to find a recently deleted in order to restore. Thanks, Janice
Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @JR-Fulton-and-Associates,

Sounds like you would like the ability to permanently delete campaigns from the deleted folder. At this time we don't have the ability to do this, but I will gladly track your feedback on this. If you had an option to filter what was recently deleted would this help? You currently have the option to filter new to old, or last modified under deleted, but neither will list them in the order they were deleted in.

KathyCaseyatBethel
Campaign Contributor
How do I get rid of the emails I deleted permanently?
TheBridge_20
Rookie

Why wouldn't there be an option to delete deleted campaigns?

MaceyMack
Rookie

This feature is much needed! Why keep something that is trash? Doesn't that fill up your servers??

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More