Rank items on non-numeric scale for survey pages

0 Votes

The new system of surveys isn't as good as the old system. In the legacy system we could create a question with different categories that we could rate on a scale of words that we could choose. The new system does not allow us to do this and would require me to take one question with a few lines and create a new question for each line. For example, I wanted families to rate our facilities in terms of cleanliness, repair, equipment. In the old system I had these listed and I could choose the rating that I wanted (poor, fair, good, etc) for all of these in the same question. Now this has to be a separate question for cleanliness, another question for good repair, another question for properly equipped, etc. In my mind, the old system had more options and was a better tool. I won't be using your surveys anymore. I'm forced to use Google. Thank you for listening.

6 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @gbymcavm thanks for sharing this feedback with us! Being able to create a survey ranking question that is not on a numerical scale is a feature request we are currently collecting feedback on. In fact we have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in on this as well.

BrickStreet.Communications
Marketing Legend

The legacy survey tool has the ability to pose a question and the answer choice is a ranking scale where you can specify the ranks (ex. Strongly agree, Agree, Disagree, Strongly Disagree, etc.). This feature no longer exists in the new survey tool. You can only select a numeric scale that only allows you to name the first and last rank but not the ones in between, or a rank order that doesn't allow you to label the ranks. It appears the only option is to use checkboxes which stacks the options vertically. The ranking scale in the legacy survey tool would list the scale horizontally and allow you to add multiple statements to the scale. This is a loss of functionality with the new tool.

MariaB2
Campaign Collaborator
Don't like it! I don't have options to add various points in a numeric scale question. Don't have options to customize and ask average, above, average questions.
KevinM34
Campaign Collaborator

For the first time in a decade, I'm preparing a survey in a different tool.  The simple task of having a single question rating several items on the same scale is not available.  What were they thinking?  This is the best example by far of a company ruining a good product and alienating their customers - yes, rivaling "New Coke" on a smaller scale.  Sadly, our "survey tool classic" has yet to arrive.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and made slight changes to the subject line so it can be more easily searchable. At this time, we don't have an update to share surrounding being able to add more customization to the ranking scale on survey pages. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More