Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Register for an event with the same e-mail address more than once

We have an urgent need to have the same people register multiple times for an event. Please allow someone to register more than once. Thanks!

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi all. We sincerely apologize for the lack of updates for this feature request. Our teams have been hard at work completely revamping our Event tool to create a shared experience and match other areas of the product. We didn't want to share information regarding any kind of requested features within the tool until we were certain that they would actually be included. 

New event campaigns will have more flexible registration options, so you can set up a ticket model event and allow registrants to purchase multiple tickets. We hope to share information with you all very soon and we'll be sure to keep you up to date once we are ready to fully announce what you can expect when creating events.

25 Comments
ShannonC6
Rookie
It would be great to have registrants have the ability to use their email to register more than one person.
derrickm10
Rookie

We get people calling in to register and leaving messages to do so -- but your system will not allow us to manually register someone without an email address.  This means we need to keep dual registration lists -- very user unfriendly and extra work on our part.  Manager should be able to override that requirement.

It also appears that a registrant cannot add an additional guest after they've registered.  Also user and customer unfriendly.

I recognize that your system is email address based, but we actually try to deal with real people.

carolb697
Rookie

You have to make it possible for one person to purchase tickets more than one time.  Once they've used their email address to purchase tickets, they can't go back in to order/pay for more. 

ncjwcns
Campaign Contributor

Just to post similar to what the above folks have posted - we frequently get people who want to add guests after they have registered but have only one email. They usually call or email - frustrated with the limitations of our system - and then I have to manually add their guests.  Or we have people who we would like to comp.  I have to change the event to pay at the door and then register them and then change the event back to credit card only.

We use to use a straight form system and I like using Constant Contact because we can automatically close events based on date or # of registrations but we had less frustration from our members with our old system.  

Please consider additional modifications to CC Events

jrdunne
Rookie

I need someone to be able to register for an event muliple times with same email address

LinnCoIA
Rookie
We have many camps that need to have one email to sign up multiple times. This is a great need in our business, because we are really looking to simplify the registration. Is there anyway to add this? I have looked online and know that many of your customers have had the same complaint. Why not add it, I know that it might get confusing if someone registers twice for the same person, but as a customer we are monitoring our registration and would know if someone did that. But it would be really helpful if this was an option. Thanks!
LinnCoIA
Rookie

We have many camps that need to have one email to sign up multiple times. This is a great need in our business, because we are really looking to simplify the registration. Is there anyway to add this? I have looked online and know that many of your customers have had the same complaint. Why not add it, I know that it might get confusing if someone registers twice for the same person, but as a customer we are monitoring our registration and would know if someone did that. But it would be really helpful if this was an option. Thanks!

JaniceE9
Rookie
It is ridiculous to allow one email address to only register for an event one time. I saw forums online discussing this problem in 2014 (https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Other-Campaign-Experience/Need-for-one-email-to-be-able-to-...). One use for Event Spot is for us to register requests from teachers for our staff to conduct educational programs in their classroom. We offer ten different programs and want them to be able to request more than one per school year. I contacted chat support and she suggested to make one event for each program. If I do this then I have 10 different "events" to create and track and that is really inconvenient. I don't see why your system cannot be changed to allow an email to register more than once for the same "event". If it is an issue with people accidentally registering more than once, it would be easy for the organizer to see that and delete multiple copies. This would be much easier than for me to create 10 different campaigns every school year. Can you create an option for us to choose whether to allow duplicates? Will something like this be offered in the future? If not, we will need to seriously reconsider keeping our Constant Contact subscription. Thank you.
CharlotteY0
Rookie

I agree.  I host an event where business owners come and bring their employees.  Those employees don't always have emails so they can't be registered online.  If your online registration only works for part of my attendees, it is not worth much to me.

TCF-RVA
Rookie

Has this issue been fixed? Most of the comments are old.  We just created our first event and discovered that one someone registers for an event, they can't register additional folks or family members using their same email address. Thanks in advance:)

Wanda - The Compassionater Friends RVA

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More