Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Reopen a closed event

Please can you look at providing the option to re-open an event, which has closed.

50 Comments
JenniferL7572
Campaign Expert

We need this feature!

AimeD7
Rookie

Yes, please allow events to reopen.  This is such a pain!  When something closes or an event changes, you can't access the information.  Making a copy then requires you to reorganize the data in the contacts and send separate information.  URGH. 

Does CC still NOT allow user to edit ending date on an event that has already "ended" in the CC system?  Even if the CC user (me -- a.k.a event organizer) has to reschedule the event to a future date?

Does anyone know if this issue(defect?) exists with ?

JasonB1051
Rookie

I can't believe this request is from 2014 and 8 years later, still no action or feedback from Constant Contact, when clearly this is an important fix or enhancement to the system.

VeronicaMT
Rookie

Sad to see that this is not available. Have to keep track of those walk-ins elsewhere :frown:

JohnW17
Rookie

I would appreciate the ability to re-open a registration that is closed. What is the downside? 

MNelson
Campaign Collaborator

This is something that's been asked for for many years. Would like to see events able to be re-opened after they've closed! Now that I've shared the link to the original event, any invitations/flyers/etc that were sent out then will no longer have the correct URL. Frustrating!

FACCF
Constant Contact Partner

We had to postpone an event - but the event date passed before i was able to update it and thus the event closed permanently.  I don't want to make everyone who already registered have to re-register. Would LOVE if there were someway to get this event re-opened. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We are working on an updated event experience in a more advanced tool. While we do not have an update or timeline to share or can guarantee any kind of commitment on how we will be handling event statuses and the possibility of reopening closed events, we hope this indicates some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration while we are building out this tool.

PamD14
Rookie

I hope this gets taken care of soon!  We need to be able to add attendees to an event once it closes - those who register on-site.  This will allow us to have a more accurate archive of our events on this platform.  This seems like it should be an easy fix.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More