Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

See who is Unsubscribed

0 Votes

When importing a list from a file, I see that 6 contacts did not import because they were unsubscribed. How do I know which ones they are?

482 Comments
I was given permission to create a group but 3 contacts were listed as unsubscribed and weren't added. I'd like to know the emails so that I don't try to add them in the future. If they've unsubscribed, I want to respect that.
SportsclubALM
Rookie
Please add this option to a future version. Thanks!
JohnG22
Rookie
I consider it vital that we are furnished with the specific data on who has opted out of receiving emails through Constant Contact. I have been using this feature for years to tag these contacts in my client management program so we have the data on who is not receiving the promotions and I also use it to exclude importing those contacts on any future mailers. Again, I consider this vital and I'm very shocked to discover that this feature has been eliminated.
DouglasM24
Rookie
After uploading a new list, it shows how many contacts were removed because they previously unsubscribed, but there is no way to see who these people are. For Example, we uploaded a list to inform members that they needed to take immediate action on something. A handful of unsubscribed contacts were removed from the new list. We still needed to contact them by phone or mail, but there is no way to see who the unsubscribed contacts are, short of cross-referencing lists line by line -- which is not terribly efficient. Would love to see a simple featured added that shows who the unsubscribed contacts are. Thank You!
ChristineW77
Brand Influencer
When I add contacts from a spreadsheet, after it shows a yellowish bar on top that says "# of contacts were added." Why is that not clickable? I should be able to click that and have a list of contacts appear. Then if I have a few to adjust because they didn't quite fit the mold, I can do that without having to do a search for each email address. Please make that clickable. Thanks!
BrianR080
Rookie
In the older version of Constant Contact when uploading email lists, it would pop up that an email address was incorrect and allow an opportunity to correct it... now it just shows that there are # of errors...
CorpColl
Marketing Expert
I just uploaded a file and the Activity report said one contact was not uploaded because it had been previously removed. There is nothing that offers the name or email of the contact that had been previously removed. How do I determine that?
KeithR59
Campaign Expert
Right click, left click, I don't care. I should be able to just click on that crucial information and see it! I'm sure there must be a way to see this, but it's hidden somewhere. So, I never fix this.
DavidL295
Rookie
It's great knowing there are issues, but you used to show which users, so that we could alter that users information on the system, if needed. Now, you just say here are the problems - specifically an issue with those who have opted out. We can then disable our program from pulling their names, but I don't know who with the current interface. Thanx!
Judy_F
Rookie
Sometimes people unsubscribe but then come into the shop and decide they want to be added again. When I add customer I usually wait until I have a list of around 6-10 and then add multiple contacts. After I import each customer and save, the top of the page always tells me '2 new added, 3 updated and 1 cannot be added because they have unsubscribed'. The problem is, I don't know who was the person that had unsubscribed in the the past to resubscribe them. You used to have this feature in the past. Would you consider bringing it back? Thanks.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More