Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Select Individual Custom Fields for Export

0 Votes

It used to be in Constant Contact (Pre 10/01/2020) that you could select individual fields for export when exporting lists to .csv files.  However with the new "update" to the user interface, the individual custom fields can no longer be selected for export.  It's now replaced with one one box to export all of the custom fields.  

Why this was changed in the new user interface is beyond me.  Now when exporting all custom fields I have extra steps to perform, removing unnecessary columns, when reporting the data within our company's records.  

Please allow us to select individual custom fields for export again.  This feature was already in Constant Contact before, but now it's not.  That's not a good sign when an "update" takes away more than it adds. 

3 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @Troemner thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We can understand how helpful it would be to select individual custom fields when exporting your contacts. We have opened this idea up so other users can weigh in as well.

TBG
Rookie

Yes, this would be very helpful! I use ID numbers to import interactions into our CRM, and I would be very grateful if I could export these ID numbers along with the rest of the contact information. Not sure why the option to select which custom fields you want exported was removed?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect the status of the idea with our engineering team. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on the idea but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect both requests along with use case examples.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More