Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Select or exclude individual contacts/lists when sending email

Hey there! It would be great to have an efficient way to create exclusion lists. The tag system is a cumbersome process to go through when the goal is to simply send an email to List A, but exclude anyone who is also on List B. If a checkbox-to-exclude feature became a reality, you'd have a lot of happy customers! (I did search the "Constant Contact Community" when trying to find out how to exclude a list BTW.) 

I didn't necessarily want to post this particular message to the entire "community" but I couldn't find a way to just email my exclusion list request to your developers.

Thanks,

Kim

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

We are considering this as Implemented with the addition of “AND” and “IS NOT” logic within the segments
feature. You can now create a segment for those who are a member of List A, and not a member of List B. After
this implementation sometime around mid-2021 we’ve seen requests on this particular feature drop off across
all of our feedback channels.

There was a large variety of use cases for this particular request, so this was the solution that had the widest range to address most of them. If you require additional filtering needs, you may be interested in adding your voice to one of these existing open ideas:

The ability to segment by specific date (before X or after X)

Additional Segment Criteria

For those looking to send an email to an individual contact, you may be interested in the Quick Send feature.

99 Comments
KateH572
Rookie

110% agree. This is so badly needed.

AnnaS1520
Rookie

Agreed!

Nathan_L
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

bryanm771
Campaign Collaborator

I agree, just started using CC, and I have to say using it sucks big time

TLCD5
Rookie

Is there a status on this? I agree, badly needed. 

DennyL08
Rookie
I realize that your platform is about mass emails,however, I do a lot of individual emails as well. I see that you have a quick send option, but I find that to be a lot of extra work and time. I hope that you may consider providing an email option on the profile page other then the quicksend.
MountEvans
Rookie

Agreed! This needs to be updated. For now, I have to scrub emails myself. An cumbersome and unnecessary step with suppression functionality. 

MyrthaC7
Rookie

Dear Constant Contact Admin, your question shows you don't understand Exclusion / Suppression lists.  This is very basic email marketing concept.  You guys are Constant Contact.  You must know what this functionality is.

JenniferW7288
Rookie

Hi Constant Contact, 

You should really look into list exclusions. Sometimes, a person may be on our main list, but because they've already donated to a campaign, we would want to exclude them from our mailing. If you're unclear about what we're asking for, check out one of your major competitors: iContact, which has this feature readily available. 

SallyN620
Campaign Collaborator

I absolutely agree that a List Suppression capability is needed.  It is extremely cumbersome to have to wade through my list of contacts manually to alter the lists to exclude people who have already responded to my next mail blitz.  Managing the contacts list is cumbersome with the scrolling necessary to wade through the entries.  I also wish that we were able to sort by tags.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More