Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Select or exclude individual contacts/lists when sending email

Hey there! It would be great to have an efficient way to create exclusion lists. The tag system is a cumbersome process to go through when the goal is to simply send an email to List A, but exclude anyone who is also on List B. If a checkbox-to-exclude feature became a reality, you'd have a lot of happy customers! (I did search the "Constant Contact Community" when trying to find out how to exclude a list BTW.) 

I didn't necessarily want to post this particular message to the entire "community" but I couldn't find a way to just email my exclusion list request to your developers.

Thanks,

Kim

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

We are considering this as Implemented with the addition of “AND” and “IS NOT” logic within the segments
feature. You can now create a segment for those who are a member of List A, and not a member of List B. After
this implementation sometime around mid-2021 we’ve seen requests on this particular feature drop off across
all of our feedback channels.

There was a large variety of use cases for this particular request, so this was the solution that had the widest range to address most of them. If you require additional filtering needs, you may be interested in adding your voice to one of these existing open ideas:

The ability to segment by specific date (before X or after X)

Additional Segment Criteria

For those looking to send an email to an individual contact, you may be interested in the Quick Send feature.

99 Comments
CathJ3
Rookie

I agree- this is absolutely needed and would make emailing an even easier process. It would be helpful if I could just make a new segmentation of contacts by saying they are part of List A, AND they are NOT part of list B. My specific issue is that I want this email to go to everyone in a specific industry which I made a  custom field for (list A), but I don't want it to go out to the people who are already signed up to attend our webinar (list B ). If Constant Contact customers have been asking for this for years...could you make it happen? :smileyface:

MikeL701
Rookie

I can't believe this doesn't exist. Please Constant Contact, do something about this!

BradM248
Rookie

I want it too!!!!!

PeterP893
Rookie

Why doesn't this exist? Yes its bee a request by many since more than 5 years back. Please add this Constant Contact, its a major part of small businesses "constant contact" strategy for smaller and more high ticket type businesses. Will need to find another solution otherwise.

gcmuseum
Campaign Contributor

We segment a lot of our emails with different characteristics. Being able to exclude by tag is helpful, but we have to make sure our lists are up-to-date AND that the tags are applied properly. There is a lot of room for error and it would be helpful if we could just exclude by a list or by a segment. Currently, the only option is to exclude by tag.

I would also like the option to send AND do not send simultaneously. For example, we do re-engagement campaigns. If someone doesn't open an email from us in 90 days, we want to exclude them. But if we're doing a regular campaign, we may need to include a segment. Need the option to send to one group and not send to another.

PatriciaF
Rookie

Having a feature in Constant Contact that allows us to compare list and/or apply some type of rule or filter would be great. Most times we send out campaigns/newsletters that require registration, it would be helpful if we could filter out those who have registered without permanently removing them from the list, so that we don't continue to send them the same campaigns/newsletter. For example a rule or filter could be I want LIST A, except for those who are also on LIST B.

I know several people have made this suggestion but it doesn't seem like its been implemented, and I called to double check.

AndrewS37
Rookie

Much needed.  Any updates on this?

Amputee_Associates
Campaign Collaborator

Still would love this feature... HELP US, CONSTANT CONTACT, YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!

St-Martins
Campaign Contributor

Yep. Definitely want this. Who has time to create a list for one person? Or even just a small number of people that I'll never email all at the same time again. I vote yes.

Amputee_Associates
Campaign Collaborator

I have posted this before, but I REALLY wish there was a feature to select single contacts to send e-mails to. I don't like having to have everyone be a part of a "list".

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More