Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Send a test of an automated email

0 Votes

It used to be possible to send a test of the Welcome email. I've clicked very link on every window I can find and can't find any way to do this. The only time it seems to allow it, it gives an error about the email not be valid or some such thing? Why would you remove existing functionality? Please restore this feature so I can have a record of prior Welcome emails.

3 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @MichaelB988 

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Due to the way our system sends campaigns it is not currently possible for test sends to be done when the campaign is contained in a series that is active. This is however a feature request we are actively collecting feedback on. In fact we would be happy to update the status of this idea to more accurately reflect the status of the idea with our engineering team. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on the idea but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect both requests along with use case examples. 

In the meantime, the workaround we suggest is to make a copy of the auto series > leave this copy in Draft > send a test email of the desired campaign/step.

AdrienB2
Rookie

I have an automated class; my students get one class per week for twelve weeks once they are added. Some of the places that I kept my links that were in the email changed and no longer worked. In the meantime, Constant Contact made an update to their system. I went in and changed all the links, updating them, and it seemed to work. We you save and open it back up, the links have been updated. However, for about 4 months my clients have been receiving the old emails that have the old links. CC did not fix the issue when I contacted their support. The only remedy was to send them a test email that had the correct link. They did not fix the issue of why the old emails are still on their server and blocked me from sending a test email which was the only want to give them the correct version with the right link.

I am putting this here in case anyone else is having the same issue updating their automations. I'm moving from CC to another system after being here for around 10 years because of the issue. I hope that it gets fixed asap and that it sheds light on the situation if I'm the only person who has come forward about the issue. I would definitely stay if it were fixed since all my classes are here. 

Please add the ability to print, send a test email, or proof all emails in an automation at one time. It's frustrating and time consuming to have to go in and out of each campaign repeatedly.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More