Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Temporary Hold Multiple Contants or Company

0 Votes

It would be great if we could put multiple selected contacts on a Temporary Hold all at once.

In many cases I would like to exclude and company from receiving a specific email campaign. 

The only way to do this currently is to filter by company in the contacts and edit each contact individually.

Sometimes there are 20 contacts in a company, it seems inefficient to have to do this over and over again.
Then have to do it again to take them off Temporary Hold.

I don't like the idea of just deleting the contacts temporarily then readding them because, not every contact
in a company is on the same lists, so keeping track of what contacts were on what lists is inefficient compared to
placing them on Temporary Hold for one email campaign then taking them off with the selected lists still intact.

Adding "Place on Temporary Hold" and "Remove from Temporary Hold" or something like that to the
"Actions" drop down menu that appears when multiple contacts are selected would be great.

I hope I explained this well enough, and that this is feasible.

Thanks.

6 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @JamesB653

Does filtering your campaign lists by tag or segments help fit your needs? Both options will allow you to schedule a campaign to a subgroup while leaving your original contact list intact.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

JamesB653
Rookie

Yes, it seems that would work.

I've never used tags but seems simple enough...

I have a tag with 20 contacts, for some reason when I Narrow by Tag and select "Don't send to contacts who are also tagged with"

and select my tag it only subtracts 19 contacts. All 20 contacts are in the list I have selected.

All are subscribed and have permissions set.

Any thoughts why?

Frankie_P

Hi @JamesB653

We have taken a look at the tag in your contacts and do see 20 contacts are listed. Can you share a screenshot of where you are seeing this number change? What list are you selecting when you see this number change?

JamesB653
Rookie

I resolved this issue by not being careless.
I found a contact that was not on the list I had selected, even though I double checked.
Third Time's a Charm.

Sorry and thanks!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Hi @JamesB653 

Thanks for giving us this update! We're happy to hear you were able to accomplish what you were looking for through tags. Because of this we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More