Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Unsuspend contacts in bulk

The suspended email situation is HORRIFIC. There are currently 2 people on my team supporting over 10,000 email addresses and we do not have the bandwidth to reach out to all of the suspended accounts each time we send an email. We refresh our email lists each month at a minimum and to go through this is ridiculous. We don't have time to reach out directly to 100 people asking them to whitelist us. Our emails are time-sensitive and when we follow up on them 2 days later and we don't know which suspended status it is in, it makes our job extremely difficult. We use Constant Contact to make our job easier and expect to be able to send emails through you and trust that they are getting through, unless they provided an incorrect email address. If you cannot make that happen then we will have to look elsewhere for a service that will. I don't have time to sit on hold with customer service to unsuspend a list of people every time we update our lists and send an email. I can just send it through outlook at this rate. It may not look as pretty, but at least they will receive it!

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi @CrystalH643 thanks for sharing this feedback with us. At this time users do not have the ability to bulk unsuspend contacts in their account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask that you please call into our Account Review Department directly for any assistance with bulk unsuspend contacts. One of these agents can take a closer look and help find the answers you may need. In the meantime we have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

9 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @CrystalH643 thanks for sharing this feedback with us. At this time users do not have the ability to bulk unsuspend contacts in their account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask that you please call into our Account Review Department directly for any assistance with bulk unsuspend contacts. One of these agents can take a closer look and help find the answers you may need. In the meantime we have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

LeighB768
Rookie

I agree. You need to offer a way to unsuspend in bulk. I don't have time to go through one email at a time. I understand permanently suspending an account if it can't be delivered multiple times. But for me to have to go through all these emails one at a time is ridiculous.

I also think it is wrong to require an upgrade to resend emails to unopened users. I used to have that option as a part of my subscription and now I have to pay for it?

Also, I am not a new user...I have subscribed to this sight for a while and have sent hundreds of emails.

Frankie_P

Hi @LeighB768

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this feature request! The more requests a feature like this receives the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team.

As for your resend to non-openers, you are correct our new plan structure does not have some features that may have been previously available. In fact our new Core package offers a lower entry price and allows you to attract, engage and keep more customers with all the functionality you need in one place including list growth tools, email and social marketing, and reporting to know what works best. If you have any further questions on your billing and the features that may be available we ask that you contact our Billing Support directly.

JCARDAMONEII
Rookie

you need a bulk unsuspend like yesterday. Ridiculous. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

AshleyK9468
Rookie

I couldn't agree more with this. I have over 1,400 contacts that have been suspended, didn't get the email about a recent special we had, so our sales are way down and I don't have the time to individually go through that many e-mails and unsuspend. The whole thing seems too much. I don't even think they should be suspended in the first place.

Frankie_P

Hi @AshleyK9468

We ask that you please call into our Account Review Department directly for any assistance with bulk unsuspend contacts. One of these agents can take a closer look and help find the answers you may need. 

Reviva
Rookie

I could not agree more with having this feature to "unsuspend" bulk emails. I watched the video about 'suspended emails' and it states that after 14 days if you send again (and the email is correct and current) to these email addresses it will not suspend them and attempt to deliver. I have completely deleted all contacts from my constant contact database and re-uploaded new lists. The first email I sent (after a 20-day break from any emails) I had 700 suspended email addresses. 

This is a major problem with constant contact. Please fix yesterday.

LeighB768
Rookie

It's amazing to me how many have complained and yet CC does nothing to fix the issue. Does anyone else here have recommendations fro other sites. Im sick of this.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More