How to Leverage Shopify in your Marketing

Upload Contacts For SMS Without Requiring an Email Address

When are you guys going to make only phone number and name lists be used for the SMS texting within Constant Contact?

Just eliminate one requirement, the email list. I only have a name and number list to use......

3 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @EdwardT527 

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! You are correct, at this time users are required to upload contacts with an email address regardless of if they are going to email market to these contacts or not. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. While we can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, we do want to indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and passed this on to our Product Team.

user0929
Rookie

Are there plans to remove the requirement to include an email for uploading lists that will be used for SMS messages? I work with a population of people that prefer text over email, some of them with no email address. It makes the SMS add on unusable for this subset of customers.

proteam
Rookie

Most similar companies offer MMS options.  Also Separate the email part from text to join. They should be able to opt in with out sending an email. I have opted into many text alerts and I have never had to also text me email with the join word.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More