Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Want to add new email to active automated series

You should be able to add new content to active email automations. This will allow for you emails receiving content to continuously be able to receive updated and new content without the automation ending.

30 Comments
TerranJ3
Rookie
Hello, we need the ability to add to an email series after it is created instead of having to cancel and create a new series when we want to add additional email messages.
EllenS71
Rookie

Please consider adding the option to add to an email series as it is active! Thank you!

DRemy123
Rookie
It would be really cool to be able to edit automation sequences and add an email without cancelling series and recreating the entire sequence again just to add a couple of emails.
SSUexed
Rookie

Ugh!!!! Just found out I can't add an email to my series.  The old Auto version allowed this and now it is gone- why????

Looks like I'll need to copy my series to add more letters and subject some leads in my list to another round of the first letter.

WillS49
Campaign Contributor

years later.... nothing

WillS49
Campaign Contributor

No clue why this doesn't have hundreds of votes... not being able to add to the series is ridiculous. 

Frankie_P

Hi @WillS49

There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. We apologize, while we may not have a time estimate for this feature request, the more request a thread like these receive the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team. 

I did also want to make you aware while we may not respond to every comment – it is acknowledged. So thank you for submitting your feedback on our automated templates. We are always open to ways we can better our user’s experience! In fact, here is a section of our Community that helps explain what we do with our customer’s feedback

AriN11
Not applicable
Unless I'm missing something, it seems like once you start an automatic email series, you can't add emails to it. This is very annoying, as I might come up with a good idea for a 3rd or 5th email, but I can't add it. I have to cancel the series, and start over again.
DavidR05741
Rookie

Dear Constant Contact Support Team,

What are you doing? People have been asking for an option to add a new email to their active automation series without cancelling it. You can add 'Pause and edit' and after we are done with creating new email there should be an option to 'Resume Auto Series'. That's very basic and simple. Why do you need thousands of votes to add this feature? This is important.

Frankie_P

Hi @DavidR05741

We apologize we do not have a current time estimate of when this will be available. There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. We will however reach out to this thread if there are any further updates we can share. In the meantime here is a section of our Community that helps explain what we do with our customer’s feedback.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More