Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Adjust timing before "Are you still working" message pops up when idle

All day long, I'm continually having to log back on as you time out so quickly. I wish this feature would go away. Or at least, not time out so soon.

That said, when the popup comes - see capture below - I can't click anywhere.  Not the button or off the popup.  Please fix!constant-contact.jpg

19 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Indirectly Fixed

This message popping up while actively working in an account has been fixed. Thank you for all your feedback!

AllysonJ83
Rookie

Hi,

I am multi-tasking through out the day. Please stop logging me out! Can we not have a setting or something?!

DanielP692
Rookie

I am new to CC. This is my first week using the platform. I would prefer not to be logged out or see this message. If I am finished, I will actively log out of the program. Then and only then would I like to be logged out.

Thank you.

RichardD083
Rookie

I came here to make this suggestion and I see that it is already a very popular item! I can see where you might have a reason to insist on a log off time, so if that's the case in the absence of being able to turn it off altogether it would be nice to have the option of at least extending it. I get interrupted all the time and have wasted a lot of time over the years. I would also suggest, in the absence of giving us the ability to customize the amount of time before log off, you at least kick us out completely when the log off happens. It's too easy to assume you're still in Constant Contact and go back to working only to find out you're not. While drastic, I'd rather be pulled from my desk to find myself back on the login page rather than just getting the popup, clicking off of it, and it looking like I'm still active.

I'm a big fan of Constant Contact, this is my only complaint. But it's a major one.

AllysonJ83
Rookie

Does anyone know if the other programs do this?

PhilM918
Campaign Contributor

Many users multitask and leave the browser tab in which we're accessing Constant Contact to work in other tabs. Please give us a setting option to set our own length for timing out, or allow us to stay logged in without timeouts. There are so many posts in the community forum requesting this feature but it never gets added. It's so frustrating to return to Constant Contact throughout the day and need to log back in and navigate to the screen where we left off. PLEASE help us!

KeriJ05
Campaign Contributor

It is ridiculous that the timeout is set to 30 minutes. I often have several tabs open at a time while working in CC and I am constantly losing work over this. I want to be able to set my own timeout length, have it be at least 4 hours, or be able to disable it. It's been mentioned many times in the forums. Thank you!!

WVPresbytery
Marketing Legend

I'm just chiming in to add my voice that I would like the time limit dropped or at least a longer limit. I agree with several of the other comments. Like DanielP, I would prefer no timeout because I will actively log out when I am finished. And like several others, I am either multi-tasking or am interrupted by mail and visitors arriving that need taken care of or unexpected phone calls that take a long time & am thus logged out because of the time limit. In those cases, I agree with KeriJ of a much longer time out, like 4-6 hours. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More