[Events 2.0] Decline Option On Registration or Landing Page

Has anyone found a good work around for adding a "cannot attend" button, link, etc. onto the event landing page? It seems like the "decline" option only exists on the original invitation email that gets sent out but there occasions where someone needs to be sent the landing page to register. Or if we'd like to publish the landing page URL, it would be nice to have that as an option. My current work around is adding a text line that reads "If you cannot attend, please email the event organizer by clicking here" and making the words "clicking here" a link that will generate an email to the event organizer.

4 Comments
SIUEvents
Rookie

Please add a decline link or button to the events landing page. There are times we need to mail invitations to people, rather than email. We do include a link in the printed email for people to respond, however, there is not a way to add a decline button on the landing page. This would be very helpful.

Thanks!

William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Jesus_F
Employee

Hi @HillaryC6, thanks for your feedback. We can work with our Landing Page teams to add the "Decline link" block to the palette like we offer for emails. For now, here's my recommendation: 

1. You can access the decline registration link at any time by adding /decline to your event's registration URL.
  2.  Once you activate your event, take the registration URL, add /decline to it, and then to your landing page, drag in a standard (not synced) Button or Text block and add a link to that URL. 

Now, when your contacts click on your "Decline" CTA within the landing page, they will be taken to the registration decline page. Example below using a standard text block with a link to the word "here." 

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 8.20.51 AM.png

I hope this helps! 

HillaryC6
Rookie

This is very helpful - thank you Jesus! I look forward to seeing the decline option as a standard on landing pages but this works for now.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More