How to Leverage Shopify in your Marketing

[Events 2.0] Decline option for event invitations

Although the look of the new events module is great, some of the old functions are not available, and it is a problem. We need our people to be able to decline. There used to be an "I can't make it" option, and after texting with support I have learned that is no longer a function. I am going back to using the old module, as ugly and clunky as it is, until that is added back to the options.

Also, I wish I could turn off tickets on the new module. We don't use tickets ... ever ... and if we did we would run them through our own database system for payment (like we do our donations). We have an older crowd and asking them to print or download a ticket is confusing, especially for our numerous FREE events. We should be able to not have tickets. A simple on/off button.  

4 Comments
William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

annb91
Campaign Contributor

I too need the "regrets" option, or we will be hounding invitees who don't want to attend, when we send reminders.

William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Planned

Jesus_F
Employee

Hi @Truman-Heartland @annb91. If you haven't seen already, we've implemented multiple changes that align with what you are asking for here: 

1. You can add a "Decline" link to your emails (walkthrough here). You can also always add /decline to your event's registration URL to access or share this page. 
  2. When creating your tickets, you can choose to generate printable tickets or not (walkthrough here). If not enabled, your registrants won't receive tickets. 
  3. Feedback around tickets: I responded to another thread related to this, which you can find here. We're working to address this. 

Thanks! 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More