Join Us in Celebrating Small Business Week!

[Events 2.0] Include offline payment options

Get Pay by Check back. Not all businesses use Paypal. I need the option of paying by check back ASAP

12 Comments
William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

JordanB1
Rookie
Hi there, I just wanted to share a piece of feedback on the new beta event pages. I really appreciate the look and style of it, but there was one limiting option that prevented me from being able to use it. Specifically, we collect payment via phone call after someone registers for our event. There was no option under payment to reflect this. A solution would be to allow the user to be able to create their own payment option.

PROBLEM WITH EVENT FEES

I have a current event on the Legacy platform and had complaints because paying by check or paying at the door is no longer an option. For whatever reason I have had a 50% drop off in sales due to this feature, I have people telling me they do not want to use PayPal, they don't have a payPal account etc.. I know they don't have to have a paypal account to use but OMG!

The PP fees are high and not allowing me to have people register and pay by cash or check at the door is ridiculous.  

First of all this NEVER had to be removed from the Legacy option and not having it in the new platform needs I have to move my business to another provider which make me sad since I have been paying fees monthly to CC for over ten years.

L662432
Rookie

I need pay by check as well, especially now that Eventbrite has upped their fees. 

JulieAnnW5
Rookie

I want to create an event. BUT we are a financial institution and can't use paypal for payment for security issues.  MY events are not always FREE so your free tag at the bottom of the page will cause confusion.  We want to allow people to register for an event and pay using other methods. Looks like you are forcing PayPal and a fee.  Is that true?

ShaneD080
Brand Visionary

I also need the pay by check option or pay at the door option.  Several of my clients pay via municipal check or PO.  They are now excluded from being able to register without some fancy background discounts.

Second why must we only choose one payment method.  The old system allowed multiple options and now we can only choose one which is obviously only the ones that make you money!  This is not why we chose this platform.  You are becoming too greedy.

PFCC
Rookie

I need pay by check option still available in the new events platform. 

VickieT
Campaign Contributor

I have done the math on what the impact of PP and CC fees for tickets are.

An $85.00 ticket becomes $91.08
A $100 ticket becomes $105.81

$125.00 becomes $133.48

$140.00 becomes $149.38

My company's event will most likely sell about 30 $85 tickets. That means that there is an additional $182.45 being made off my community members. 

The lack of offline/pay by check options is clearly an action motivated by greed.

If offline payment options are not brought back to Events 2.0, my company will have to considered using a competitor instead.

We like using Constant Contact, and I personally like most of the changes from Legacy Events to Events 2.0, however, this issue cannot be overlooked as it is a great inconvenience. 

VickieT
Campaign Contributor

I have done the math on what the impact of PP and CC fees for tickets are.

An $85.00 ticket becomes $91.08
A $100 ticket becomes $105.81

$125.00 becomes $133.48

$140.00 becomes $149.38

My company's event will most likely sell about 30 $85 tickets. That means that there is an additional $182.45 being made off my community members. 

The lack of offline/pay by check options is clearly an action motivated by greed.

If offline payment options are not brought back to Events 2.0, my company will have to considered using a competitor instead.

We like using Constant Contact, and I personally like most of the changes from Legacy Events to Events 2.0, however, this issue cannot be overlooked as it is a great inconvenience. 

user1460
Rookie

We need to pay by check as well.  We like many of the changes in the 2.0 but not being able to pay by check may be a deal breaker.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More