Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

Unable to Extend the Event Start or End Date Past 09/30/2023

0 Votes

I am unable to create an event that is scheduled to take place after September 2023. This is a huge problem as we like to have our entire year of offerings available to market them and open registration, and we are hamstringed by this limitation. It is very important that we are able to open registration to an event after September 30.

I have no idea why there is an arbitrary cut off for how far off we can plan events, but at a minimum we need to be able to plan them through December 2023.

If this isn't fixed or changed soon, we might need to look into other platforms.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

The Events 2.0 beta has been fully released to all accounts as of September 2023. If you have feedback regarding the newer events tool, make sure to check out any threads here in Ideas marked with [Events 2.0] in the title.

14 Comments
UPCotillion
Rookie

I will be ending my subscription due to this issue. This will now create more work and confusion Since, I need to have an event that goes past the 12/31/23 date, and clear to 05/30/24 date. So, unless someone will be able to extend it prior to deadline. I will cancel the first of the year. 

Dear Caitlin_M or other CC administrator or moderator,

Very alarmed about what I've just learned about the legacy events tool.  Working in the tool I see that the cutoff date has now been extended to March 31, 2024.  (According to Caitlin's 8/30 comment, the THEN cut-off date of 12/31/2023 was not going to be extended.). Due to all the feedback Constant Contact is getting from existing clients, might the dates be extended further into 2024, beyond Mar 31, 2024? 

When is your Beta event tool going to be released into Production?  Back in Feb 2, 2023 Frankie_P, CC moderator, made the comment, "Over the next few months, Event 2.0 will be rolled out".  It's now 10 months since Frankie said "few months".  Is Constant Contact retiring from event registrations all together?  PLEASE UPDATE ON LATEST.  Very very concerning as we've advertised events for all of 2024, but the event tool is not letting us create registratons past March 31, 2024.  HELP!  Our organization may have to leave your services and look for an alternative as well.

William_A
Administrator

@MasterGardenerFoundation-KingCounty ,

The new event system's beta is available in all accounts since September of 2023. The beta allows for events to be made way past March 31, 2024. The old, retiring, Legacy Events tool has the cutoff of March 31, 2024. 

You can create an event in the beta tool by using the Create button in your account welcome page or campaigns page. 

William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Indirectly Fixed

The Events 2.0 beta has been fully released to all accounts as of September 2023. If you have feedback regarding the newer events tool, make sure to check out any threads here in Ideas marked with [Events 2.0] in the title.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More