Ability to Import Image from Canva Library at Different Dimensions

0 Votes

I love Canva but the integration is not smooth. Sometimes it does not load into my campaign email and I can't change the size of the image after publishing my canva document to make it larger or smaller. Also, the editing page for canva should be bigger, not just a rectangle in the middle of the screen. Thanks.

9 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @AssetPlanning thanks for sharing this feedback with us! What exactly happens when you try loading your image into your email campaign? For instance are you receiving an error message or a blank screen? Does this happen through more than one browser? Also, what are the steps you're taking to edit the size of your image?

MirandaD
Constant Contact Partner

it wont load the actual shape of previously created designs, it seems to be stuck on the Canva poster shape even though the design is supposed to be horizontally shaped. No option to resize the design once you've chosen it.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your feedback on this Canva integration. While the integration is still fairly new in our system, were there specific template sizes or ratios the you would like to see when editing? In the meantime we have opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well.

LizabethB9
Rookie

I would like to see a "header" size artboard through canva, instead of it being what looks like 8.5x11. For example, at the top of my email campaign I want to design an "artboard" that includes our company name and the logo, or on the bottom of my email campaign I want to show our upcoming events listed horizontally with some text underneath. When designing those two things in canva through constant contacts, there is a lot of white space below my graphics that I cannot crop out.

I also designed a page for an email campaign and once I clicked publish, I had an error message pop up mentioning something about an 80 character limit? I spent time designing that page and then it was just lost and everything was deleted after receiving that message. 

Frankie_P

Hi @LizabethB9

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! As for the error message you're receiving, did this appear after editing the footer in your campaign? We have seen cases where text that equals more than 30 characters in the Address/Name or 80 characters for the City is added into the footer through the scheduling page of your campaign. In these cases we recommend editing your footer from within the editor instead of scheduling page.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

JulianaR
Rookie

The Canva integration leaves a lot to be desired. I created an Instagram Post in Canva (square image), however, when I try to select that image from Canva in Constant Contact it's formatted in a portrait size, much longer and taller than the original image. I'm unable to crop the image itself within Constant Contact's integrated Canva (can crop individual design element, not the entire image to the correct size). I'm left with downloading the image and uploading into Constant Contact... makes the integration useless in my opinion. 

JulianaR
Rookie

Graphic created in CanvaGraphic created in CanvaSame graphic from Canva integration... that I'm unable to crop.Same graphic from Canva integration... that I'm unable to crop.

BenG14
Rookie

This sizing thing (standard portrait/poster style artboard) still seems to be an issue. There needs to be a way to resize the artboard.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More