Ability to send resubscribe email more than once

It would be great if we could have a button to resend the Constant Contact permission email. I have to keep deleting and re-adding people because they forget, the email goes to spam or they don't want our newsletters and unsubscribe but then don't get our event emails that they sign up for.

35 Comments
EricSchmidt
Rookie

Just checking if there is an update?

ElizabethC8
Rookie

Following

ArronM5
Marketing Legend

I have a co-worker who has unsubscribed, and I sent him a resubscribe e-mail and currently waiting confirmation. However he is claiming that he never received it. Anyway I can re-send it?

Tikvat_Israel_Congregation
Campaign Expert
When members unsubscribe and then want to come back it is very hard and only works some of the time. They say they never get the email to resubscribe and there is no way to send again.
Frankie_P

Hi @ArronM5 at this time we don't have the ability to re-send this email. You can however try this workaround:

1. Enable advanced permissions under My Settings
2. Go to the Contacts Page
3. Select Add Contacts
4. Select add Unsubscribed from file
5. Upload the file of unsubscribes
6. Open the affected contact profile
7. Click the Resubscribe button and follow flow there

DanF503
Rookie

So, is there still no way of re-sending the reauthorization email for someone who has unsubscribed from the email list? Seems silly that this is not an option. Please send guidance. Thanks

Even when the staff from Constant Contact emailed me I got no satisfaction to my problem, which is about those "awaiting confirmation".  They have not unsubscribed, they tried to subscribe, they WANTED to get our newsletter, many STILL want to get our newsletter, but because they did not respond to the email to confirm their desire to subscribe they are seemingly forever banned.  The response that it was an issue of privacy legislation doesn't work for me.  I don't know why I cannot manually override the system and send an individual a second email asking them to respond that they want to subscribe.

Budget
Rookie

I see this resubscribe issue been going on for years.  No resolution to this date?.  I've been trying to workaround using my own gmail account.  No luck resubscribing.  I deleted the account.  Manually reentered it.  Still shows unsubscribed.  Tried to resubscribe.  It shows awaiting confirmation.  No email received on my gmail account for confirmation or something.  Tried the Sign-up form (see below), no good either.  I got in touch with CC tech support and even went through checking DMARC and setting up DKIM to improve deliverability.  Still no good.   This is getting to be very frustrating.  I wonder if other email campaign have the same issue.   

SignUp.PNG

I had the same issue but cleared it by using the signup form. I created a Basic Landing Page Signup form. Used it to enter the email address and it clear it up. One difference from what I did compared to that shown about is I included the name fields. 

HowardG058
Rookie

I have a few contacts in waiting confirmation status who seemed to have lost the initial email sent to them requiring their confirmation.  Having an option to resend the confirmation email would be helpful instead of having to call the support line for assistance. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More