Ability to send resubscribe email more than once

It would be great if we could have a button to resend the Constant Contact permission email. I have to keep deleting and re-adding people because they forget, the email goes to spam or they don't want our newsletters and unsubscribe but then don't get our event emails that they sign up for.

35 Comments
SueW619
Campaign Expert

I do mailings for my church. One of my elderly members (85) reads her email on her cell phone. She apparently clicked the unsubscribe button by accident, as she was not aware she had done this. I initiated getting her reinstated, but it said she would need to initiate the "resubscribe" process via an email sent out by you. She swears she never received it. I looked through her inbox and it isn't there. I don't know enough about her phone/email system to find her trash (in case she accidentally deleted it). What can be done? She is not getting any notices from the church and I don't want to start a precedence where people ask me to forward the messages to them.  

FredericR711
Campaign Contributor

For Gmail emails, you can add a dot (.) to the email and it will be technically a different email, but go to same person.

Example:

johnsmith@gmail.com

john.smith@gmail.com

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

While the email cannot be resent, a link to a lead generation landing page can be sent to the unsubscribed contact.

BlayneyC
Campaign Contributor

So often people seem to unsubscribe without meaning to or knowing they have. Maybe the unsubscribe button on an iPhone is too close to the delete? I have the same issue I see so many do. I resubscribed someone but they never saw your email to confirm. Now it's gone and there doesn't seem any way to resend that email. That seems as if it should be an easy fix.

FredericR711
Campaign Contributor

This lack of feature really screws some of my clients that only have one email. There has to be better work arounds.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More