Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Add Additional Criteria for Segments

We should be able to have more than one criteria of each type to create a segment (i.e. I should be able to create a segment that targets people who meet BOTH of these criteria: were sent any of the last 5 campaigns AND Opened one of the last 10 campaigns.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

We’re updating the status of this idea to Under Consideration while we look into adding NOT and IS BLANK operators into segment creation. This would allow for more flexible uses of segments. There will be other criteria considered, so we still encourage everyone to share their desired segment use cases below in the comments. We will keep this thread updated with progress, it will likely still take some time before we’re able to fully tackle this one.

59 Comments
SherylB2
Rookie

Why can we not send an email to a segment that has responded "Yes" to an RSVP?  I was astounded that this is not available.  

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: New

Hi @SherylB2. This is a great idea. Although results from an action block can't be used as criteria in segments, you can add these respondents to a list and email them this way.  

In the Email List section, please add "+AND" as an option in addition to the "+OR" option. It would be MUCH easier to do this instead of trying to coordinate tags or making another 50 lists.
TimothyF
Marketing Legend

It would be great if the Segments tool under contacts included Company.  

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @TimothyF. Company is a criterion you can use when creating a segment. To make sure I'm understanding your request, would you like to have Company show as a column on the segment report?

TimothyF
Marketing Legend

Yes!  That's what I am saying.  The only thing that pulls is first, last, email, created date.  

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thank you so much for confirming and responding so quickly! I'll open this up for voting.

SarahT684
Rookie

I would like to create a list that is 

List A BUT NOT List B

My List A is General Interest (all contacts) and List B is one I created that is Members. I would really like to have a Not Members list (to encourage membership).

JuanitaB15
Campaign Contributor

I think it would be really great to be able to segment using multiple list membership parameters. For example. When we have an event we would like to redact current attendees from a promotional email to our newsletter list so that people who are registered do not also get the email. 

I realize you can do that manually by creating a new contact list and removing contacts from that list by selecting them through the list you want to redact but it's cumbersome and it doesn't allow for the most recent information when scheduling an email. So if someone registers for an event (and the event registration contact list automatically updates when they happens because of integrations) between when the email is scheduled and sent they won't receive the email. 

Seems that with the introduction of segmentation this would be a pretty hand feature. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @JuanitaB15 just for a clarification, are you looking to remove these current attendees from a contact list through the segment page? Are you registrants added into the same list from your promotional email list? If so, would you want these registrants to be removed for good or just while this event is running? What contact details are you using to create this type of segment, just the list membership? In these cases we have seen users narrow email recipients by tag, does this tool not allow you to accomplish what you were looking for?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More