Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Allow links on signup form

0 Votes

I would like a live link in the "Description" field to an external website.  The purpose would be to help a subscriber look up a piece of information on another website.  It would be very helpful to us since we cannot determine that information automatically after they sign up.  To do so would require them to fill in their complete mailing address.  This gives them the ability to provide this information without having to provide the rest of it.

There may be other reasons to have such a link, too.  Thanks in advance to the Constant Contact personnel who are monitoring these suggestions!

6 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @RobertR94032

What is the information you're collecting from these contacts through the external website? Does adding the link to the thank-you page of a lead generation landing page help fit your needs?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

RobertR94032
Campaign Collaborator

I never received a notification of your post on 2/23.  Your notice to close the thread is the first notification I have seen!

The short answer it yes.  The link was to allow our subscribers to look up a piece of information for us that will help us communicate with them in the future.  

Please reopen the thread now that I am aware that you answered.

Thanks!

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @RobertR94032 and thank you for getting back to us. Frankie responded with some information regarding the Thank You page and linking to an external site once the form is completed. I wanted to make sure we're getting the correct flow here so we can track this properly. From what I understand, this is what you're looking to accomplish with the Lead Generation Landing Page:

1. Create a landing page
  2. In the description, include a link so subscribers can review an external webpage before signing up
  3. Publish the landing page and share
  4. Have the new subscriber provide the requested information on the landing page

Apologies that we need to ask for a little more information!

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Clarifying

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Information

Since we have not heard back from you regarding the questions we asked, we will be closing this post. You can comment with the requested information and then we will be able to further work with you.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More