Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Customize the "Thank You" page for inline/pop-up forms

Please enable a way to customize the page people see after they opt in on a form hosted by you. I want to have them land on a web page of my choosing, so that in this case, they get immediate access to the training they purchased. Thank you, Bevan

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi all. As part of our updated Feedback process and to keep the conversation on topic, we have made some adjustments to the thread are reopening this idea as Acknowledged. With the introduction of our Lead Generation Landing Pages, the "Thank You" page can be customized to include a button with a redirect URL. At this time, inline and pop-up forms do not have this functionality. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release. If we hear any updates, we will update the thread.

24 Comments
PaulBoks
Campaign Contributor
I'd like the submit button to have 2 functions. First, to add the entered email to a desired list (as ti already does). And second, to simultaneously redirect the viewer to another URL.
PaulBoks
Campaign Contributor
As the subject says...
PaulBoks
Campaign Contributor

@Candace_M

I'd like to be able to customize the title and body of the "Thank you" page of Constant Contact's integrated opt-in/thank you forms.

My understanding is that this is not currently a possibility, but it'd be great if this recommendation could be passed along to your development team.

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Great feedback here. We implemented a new type of sign up form called Landing Pages that allow you to customize the "thank you" page, change the color of the sign up button, and offer a file download or redirect after completing. More information on this is available in our Knowledge Base article here.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi all. As part of our updated Feedback process and to keep the conversation on topic, we have made some adjustments to the thread are reopening this idea as Acknowledged. With the introduction of our Lead Generation Landing Pages, the "Thank You" page can be customized to include a button with a redirect URL. At this time, inline and pop-up forms do not have this functionality. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release. If we hear any updates, we will update the thread.

SusanF685
Constant Contact Partner

My fingers are crossed! 

KathleenC1822
Rookie

This is a must have in 2022 for crying outloud. I can't recommed Constant Contact to clients without this feature. It's that important. I'll move my partnership to a competitor.

"At this time, inline and pop-up forms do not have this functionality."

to be blunt, it's embarrassing that you guys haven't figured out this pretty basic feature. it's 2023, not 1993. It's pretty intuitive to expect that when I create a sign-up form that I would get to choose what action happens after the form is submitted, i.e. redirect to a welcome page that tells my users all about the program and what they signed up for - instead now it just says something about how you can unsubscribe... pretty underwhelming. 

I'd hold out hope that this feature would become a thing, but judging how this comment thread is from 6 years ago, I guess you guys aren't in a hurry to add it. 

IVAT_Centers
Campaign Contributor

Absolutely need this function. I'm in a client account right now and I can't make the funnel that I promised them because the inline form can't redirect to a custom URL. I think it's wild that you don't have this, especially since I see many people asking for it since 2017 in the forums.

-Carolyn Choate

IVAT_Centers
Campaign Contributor

Wait, you changed the status to changed and implemented because you have the landing page/thank you page form? That is absolutely not the same thing and does not work for what I'm trying to do. The inline form needs to be able to redirect to a page on the website.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More