Editing options for the landing page description

why can't we use hard-returns in the Description field?! It's (up to) 600 characters all jammed into 1 'paragraph'. I have some real stuff to explain to people after they've signed up, including a link, and it's quite tacky all slammed together. I love #CC, but this is not cool. Please somehow transfer the hard-returns typed into the Description field in the final product. Thx.

14 Comments
user26688
Rookie

the content is bundle together which makes user difficult to read it, especially the content is almost 600 words. Constant contact should have a paragraph feature

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @user26688 are you able to create spacing by adding page break tags <br> or <br/>  into your text? What kind of information are you looking to include in your landing page that would require paragraphs?

EmilyF822
Campaign Contributor
I am surprised by the limited amount of anything we are able to put on the landing page. We were hoping to have more information with also would include a section of bullet point items... I am unable to type a bullet points, have more than one paragraph, or have more than 600 characters. Is there a way to change this?
Frankie_P

Hi @EmilyF822 what kind of information are you looking to include in your landing page that would require paragraphs or more than 600 characters? Are you looking for bulleted points or numbered bullets?

EmilyF822
Campaign Contributor

We were hoping to of course have the contact info gathering that is already available to us. We are used to our landing pages having more information about the product we are selling and then they are requesting additional information of how we would adapt it to their business's specific needs, to speak to a member of sales team etc. The current format of the CC seems like it is built solely for contact info gathering rather than an actual landing page. Right now we have no control of the set up for what it would look like beyond a blob of words. We wanted paragraphs, bullet points, the option to have pictures/diagrams if we want. 

Frankie_P

Hi @MattPerelstein

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We understand how having this control of your description text will be a helpful tool. We have opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well.

Frankie_P

Reply from @MattPerelstein 

@MattPerelstein wrote:

Hi Frankie,

You said, "having this control of your description text will be a helpful tool." No, this isn't just a helpful tool, it's unacceptable, the way it is now.

I don't want to be a butt about this, but the Description field supports hard returns on your Sign-up forms, so the Landing Page form must support this functionality, as well. It's not optional. As soon as the text goes over 3-4 lines long, the Description field slams all the words together and it look extremely unprofessional... I was embarrassed to share it, actually.

Look at our landing page, and tell me that is Constant Contact's best...

Please make this is high priority change, as we plan to use this functionality again in the next few weeks.

Frankie_P

Hi @MattPerelstein we apologize for any inconvenience caused from this feature not being available. We also would like to mention that at this time we do not have a time estimate of when it will be available. There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. However the more request a thread like these receive the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team. We will also follow-up with this thread directly if there are any further updates.

ScottN560
Rookie
why does the description part of the lead generation page force you into 1 paragraph?
Frankie_P

Hi @ScottN560

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! It is however a feature request we are collecting feedback on. In fact we have track this request in your account with the appropriate teams on your behalf.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More