Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
Would like a 'back' button on the reports page of who is viewing my emails. When I check on someone's activity by clicking on their name, I cannot return to the original list of viewers for an individual email sent. I have to start over to scroll down to the place I left at. Can this be easily rectified? I hope so. It is just an efficiency measure. Thanks.
GCUMC
Rookie
I'm cleaning up a mailing list and under the old system, there would be a "Back to List" link on the page where you edit individual list members. That link would take you right back to where you were working. That link is no longer available under the new system, so I have to use my browser's Back button, and it takes me to the very beginning of the list. Side note: I LOVE the new overall look of individual list members. It's easy to ready, simple to edit. Great update! Now I just want my link back. Thanks!
JosephB382
Rookie
Hey Team, The new contact management feel much slower and harder to navigate than before. Two suggestions: 1. After doing an action like deleting a contact, the user should return to the screen he was at, not be forced to return to the front of the alphabet. 2. The navigation arrows should appear on both top and bottom of contact list. Thanks!
The new interface does not have a table-like edit for making multiple edits. In my case it is cleaning up a database entered by someone else where first and last names were entered into the first name field. Now I have to scroll down to each one then click on it to edit. What is worse is that the database doesn't return to where I just edited - it is back at the top of the database and I have to scroll all the way down again and again and again and again...
JohnnyZ7
Rookie

To change a screen listing of contact names, I must scroll to the bottom of a listing to find the back arrow. The previous format worked so much better. Also, the add contacts listings are too big, and it would be easier to scroll through A-Z names. Separate, extra large pages are cumbersome.

VickieL4
Rookie
When deleting or editing - does not take you back to where you were.
PamelaP8
Rookie
seems inefficient
TALP9
Marketing Legend

When I finish editing one name I cannot go back to the place I left off. I have to go to the beginning of the list and click thru several pages before I find it.

Hannah_M
Status changed to: New
Thanks for posting. Although there is no longer a back button you can use the back button on your browser while in the contact areas. When you do this you will see your search or sort options save but it will bring you back to page one.
SheriR0
Rookie
When I am working in email reports for a specific email, I am looking at the individuals who didn't open an email and checking their history. Once I'm in their history, it takes 4 clicks to get back to the next name. Click 1) back to email, click 2) reports, click 3) specific email, click 4) unopened list, click 5 next individual to research which blows me into CONTACTS with no back button. sooooo slowwww. grrrrr There needs to be a "back" button that takes you back ONE PAGE to wherever you came from. Clicking "back" at the browser's URL button blows me back too far as well. Please reinstate the shortcuts. THANK YOU! I also can't find how to search people I've removed for bounces, but have been given their updated addresses. Where did this list go? ALSO: I was able to export a "sent to" list, but was not able to get the "didn't open" list to export with any records. Also: how do you add people to lists when you are in an individual's contact page? We used to be able to manage all their lists and contact info in one place. I do like the new lists info and being about to copy, move, add a number of people at once. Seems easier. Great page.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More