Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Update Profile Link Needed

It would be nice to have a link made available for us to use for "Update Profile Form". Currently, there is only a link for "Sign-Up Form". If I want to send a message out to my database asking them to review and update their profile, I have to use the "Sign-Up Form" link which is miss-leading and requires our customers to sign up for the lists again before it recognizes them as already being in the system. Adding the "Update Profile Form" link to the sign up tools will allow us to place only the update info inside of a message and making the system easier or use and not confusing to the customers.
56 Comments
BillyO49
Rookie
Please give users the option to update their profile by including the form in the welcome email. This cuts out a step and lets them read the welcome and finish their profiles at the same time. Thank you!
sproutforbusiness
Campaign Contributor
We should be able to use this function to allow our customers at any time to keep our lists as accurate as possible. Thank you!
Hannah_M

HI @sproutforbusiness

Can you tell me more about what you are looking to have your contacts do?They can click the Update Profile link in the footer of your emails to change their subscriptions if you would like. This just requires you to have included the update profile link as well as have lists visible on your sign up form. 

Thanks!

sproutforbusiness
Campaign Contributor

I would like to send an email to all my contacts asking them to update their preferences and contact information and right now I cannot include the update profile link in the body of the email, nor can I send the email I have created in the sign up tools section of the account. Now, I have to convince people to click the link in the footer of the email which tends to be ineffective.

JillV11446
Rookie

How do I send the "Update Profile" email template??  I have personalized this email in the set up tools section.  I am able to preview it and send myself a test version, however, I can not send it out to my contacts??  Please advise how to schedule and/or send this out to my contact list.  

LorettaH41
Rookie

I am also looking ot send an email using the "tool" section that I worked on. 

RonE77
Rookie

I have the same requirement.  I used the "Text to Join" feature that only collected an email address.  I now need to ask the subscribers to update the records with their name and/or other info.  I have customized the update profile email in the tools, but do not see a function to send it out to a "selection" of subscribers.  It would be great to have this email show up in the "Quick Send" list in the Contacts page.

Thanks

BillB68
Rookie

is this not possible??? i am trying to add a update profile link in the body of an e-mail in 2016. 

ShawneleS
Rookie

Yes, I, too am looking for an Update Profile link.  I realize that we could insert the Sign Up Form link, but I want them to go to the Update Profile page that I spent time modifying for this very purpose.

LewisS
Brand Visionary

I am boggled that I can't provide a link to this form. I go in so many circles with Constant Contact. I just want to provide a link for my current users which allows them to update the lists they are on. Why do I have to use the API and do a bunch of custom programming for something that should be so simple?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More