Share Your Inspiring Story: Why Did You Start Your Non-Profit?

Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

The stories behind non-profits are often as diverse as the causes they support. Whether it's a personal experience, a shared conviction, or a calling that couldn't be ignored, we want to hear about it. Your story may resonate with others, inspiring them to join the cause or empowering them to overcome challenges.

How to Share Your Story:

1. Comment below: Share your non-profit's origin story, the challenges you faced, and the impact you've made. What inspired you to start this journey, and how has it evolved?

2. Include Visuals: A picture is worth a thousand words. If you have any images, videos, or other visuals that accompany your story, feel free to share them. They add a personal touch to your narrative.

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

Template Feedback & Inspiration

3 REPLIES 3
Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

@PoitierM@TanyaL839  what made you decide to embark on your non-profit journey?

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

TanyaL839
Campaign Collaborator
In 2017, my son Justin was involved in setting up Toronto's first safe injection site. He was a strong advocate for safe drug use and always carried clean supplies for his friends. He was non-judgmental towards people who used opioids, even though he himself used stimulants. However, on October 22nd, his friends unknowingly consumed a bad batch of cocaine laced with fentanyl. At that time, there was a lack of knowledge, resources, and support for such situations, and the government did not acknowledge the crisis we were facing. This tragedy inspired me to believe that together, we could make a difference and challenge the stigma surrounding addiction.

When I lost my son, fentanyl overdoses were not as common as they are today. The suffering and pain caused by this crisis are now very real for many people. I want to provide a safe environment where individuals can access knowledge, resources, and support, so they know they are not alone. By coming together, we can change the stigma and advocate for government policies that address the issue more effectively. I believe drug dealers and suppliers should face harsher punishments, while addicts should be treated with a focus on mental health rather than receiving a criminal record. I also want to ensure that resources are readily available and accessible to those who need them.

Starting a nonprofit is not about getting rich; it is about saving lives. It is my way of healing myself and giving back to a community that unfortunately continues to grow in numbers and needs more support.
T.Lidstone
❣️ LidstoneRR Love’s 
Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

Thank you so much for sharing @TanyaL839😢

nonprofit-love-Google-Search.png

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (80%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST