Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to trigger series based on my custom dates

Hi All!

So I just switched over from another EMM provider, and there are some things that are really being overlooked for professional marketers as far as automation is concerned. As someone who was a diehard, and consistently in the top 5% of monthly users, there are things that I love so far about Constant Contact (i.e. easily being able to adjust the theme of emails without diving into source code).

There are definitely some things aside from the basic email editor that I think can be improved on. For instance, being able to base an automated series around a specific date or custom field is crucial in B to B email marketing. Our clients have lease expiration dates listed in their contact profiles (custom fields), which means that they would specifically be looking for our products around this time. Being able to time an automation series around this would be a game-changer.

Another improvement would be to allow the functionality of automatically funneling contacts into separate contact lists once they finish an automation series. For example, during an automated series, I do not want my "general interest" emails going to specific contacts in addition to the automated series, but after the automated series is complete, I would love to avoid having to manually remove them from the automated series and add them back into the "general" list. 

Just some thoughts on taking the automation-side of Constant Contact to the next level!

Thanks for listening to my rant!

Matt

18 Comments
TraceyG48
Rookie
I want to create an email series that starts on a certain date and ends on a certain date i.e. a 10 days before Thanksgiving series. I cannot figure out how to do that.
Frankie_P

Hi @TraceyG48 at this time having the ability to trigger or end an automated series based on a specific date is not yet available. It is however a feature request we are collecting feedback on. Because of this I have merged your post into the appropriate feedback thread.

CollinM23
Rookie

Adding my name to this request.  Automation features are greatly lacking for those of us who want to push out information based on date/time vs. clicks.

PhillipC5
Rookie

Hello, would love to have the ability to create a email blast, and set it on repeat. For example, create a email and have the same email on repeat to be sent out every Monday or every 19th of the Month.  

Fr.DimitriT4
Rookie

People have more than just 2 dates that are important to them. Especially for church groups, there are several dates that would merit automation

1. Birthday

2. Nameday

3. Wedding Anniversary

4. Anniversary of a special event

You already have the code for custom dates in your fields, just make Anniversary toggle between available date fields. Mailerlite already offers this feature.

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Under Consideration

BrandonE79
Rookie

Is there an update on this becoming available?

It seems odd that you have the capability to create a custom field which is a date format, but do not have any mechanism to use this data for an automated series.

GlobalHKA
Campaign Contributor

This is the first time I've tried to use automation for an event campaign with Constant Contact and I am shocked at how some of the most simple features aren't available :frown:

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More