Export Survey Results for respondent in a Row instead of Stacked

I would add to my list of unacceptable changes to the Survey functionality is the exporting.  In the Legacy Survey, there were choices on how to export the data.  When choosing Export all to CSV file, the data was organized by respondent, and had all responses to each question on one row in the spreadsheet.

The Export all Results (the only export option) from the current survey is virtually worthless, as the responses are scattered on different rows.  See example below (names and email addresses intentionally deleted):

Question Response First Name Last Name Date/Time
Comments: They guy at the front desk was really nice and super welcoming. He had a great attitude and made me feel at home Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Comments: My expectations were week exceeded It was my first and best experience Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Other Teams - How would you rate the customer service of the other teams (Pilots, Video Editors, Packers, Management, etc.)?  Excellent Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Other Teams - How would you rate the customer service of the other teams (Pilots, Video Editors, Packers, Management, etc.)?  Excellent Sandra   03/15/2021 12:38:51 PM PDT
Comments: Kelly was my instructor and he was absolutely awesome I loved the way he treated me and my husband he was so nice and super outgoing made me feel safe and had a smile all the time. For sure coming back with him and recommending to my family friends Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Office Team - How would you rate the Office Team's level of customer service on the phone (Initial inquiry, scheduling, weather checks, etc.)?   Excellent Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Office Team - How would you rate the Office Team's level of customer service on the phone (Initial inquiry, scheduling, weather checks, etc.)?   Excellent Sandra   03/15/2021 12:38:51 PM PDT
Personal Instructor - How would you rate your personal instructor's level of customer service? Excellent Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Personal Instructor - How would you rate your personal instructor's level of customer service? Excellent Sandra   03/15/2021 12:38:51 PM PDT
Tell us your story!  What made you decide to skydive?  What was your experience like?  What were the most memorable parts of your experience at Skydive Snohomish?  How were your interactions with our staff?  Will you do another skydive?  Tell us about your skydive experience for a chance to win a FREE TANDEM SKYDIVE!  By submitting your story, you authorize Skydive Snohomish to use your comments for marketing purposes. I’ve always wanted to skydive and last year I couldn’t due to COVID but this year my husband surprised me for my birthday and booked my appointment.’y experience was so awesome and the best part was being able to drive around the parachute. The staff was so nice and welcoming I will for sure be coming back soon. My instructor was the best made me feel super safe and always made me smile. I love to do adventurous stuff and this topped it Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Tell us your story!  What made you decide to skydive?  What was your experience like?  What were the most memorable parts of your experience at Skydive Snohomish?  How were your interactions with our staff?  Will you do another skydive?  Tell us about your skydive experience for a chance to win a FREE TANDEM SKYDIVE!  By submitting your story, you authorize Skydive Snohomish to use your comments for marketing purposes. Great experience! Mike was super nice and helpful and made me feel safe throughout the skydive. Thanks! Sandra   03/15/2021 12:38:51 PM PDT
Instructional Team - How would you rate the level of customer service of the Instructional Team as a whole? Excellent Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Instructional Team - How would you rate the level of customer service of the Instructional Team as a whole? Excellent Sandra   03/15/2021 12:38:51 PM PDT
Comments: Everyone was super nice Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Overall Experience - How did your overall experience meet your expectations?  Far Exceeded Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Overall Experience - How did your overall experience meet your expectations?  Far Exceeded Sandra   03/15/2021 12:38:51 PM PDT
Office Team - How would you rate the Office Team's level of customer service in person (Greeting upon arrival, responses to questions, check-in, payment, etc.)?  Excellent Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Office Team - How would you rate the Office Team's level of customer service in person (Greeting upon arrival, responses to questions, check-in, payment, etc.)?  Excellent Sandra   03/15/2021 12:38:51 PM PDT
Comments: It was great they called me to reschedule my first appointment due to weather. Very nice Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Comments: Everyone was awesome and super nice Leslie   03/15/2021 02:51:51 PM PDT
Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi all. There were a few requests here with how survey page results are displayed after exporting. Please view the attached article that shows examples of survey reporting so you can select the appropriate export for your needs.

We made changes to survey exports. When exporting all responses to CSV, the results display in the format shown below so you can easily see how a contact answered your survey questions, including their comments. Does this layout help to review your survey results in a more effective manner? If you are looking for an additional display of survey results, a visual could help so we can best understand what would most help you.

Caitlin_M_0-1667332134466.png

31 Comments
AmyM289
Campaign Expert
The functionality and reporting in the new Survey Pages feature are nowhere near the experience in Legacy Surveys. It seems some functions have been added recently, but the reporting is sorely lacking - no filtering, formatted downloads, etc. I hope you plan to upgrade Survey Pages, beacuse as it is now it does not meet my needs.
kathyb_biav
Marketing Legend

Agree with everything on this thread.

Spereida
Rookie

Agree, we need the report to contain all answers on a single line. This change was various steps back. 

MaryW15266
Campaign Collaborator

Yes, yes, yes! I came here to find out what I was missing with how to download the new survey results options and I see it's not just me. The new options of "export all results" is useless!  It's one huge Excel or csv file that is not even in the order of the questions from the survey!?? And the questions that are rated don't show averages at all. I get that you probably want us to view the results in CC, but this is unacceptable. I have to download survey results and share them with other people and there is NO way to do this now.  I spent over 2 hours trying to make that Excel file into something I could present to others. I had to copy and paste screenshots from inside CC to be able to show them the average ratings for questions. If this doesn't change, I might as well go to SurveyMonkey where I can download results in multiple formats including pdfs.  Please tell me you are working on this??

MaryW15266
Campaign Collaborator

I want to add that I do like the easier formatting and creating of surveys, so there are improvements, but I can not keep using this program if the reporting options do not get fixed!!

CarolynS76
Rookie

We were recently prompted that Constant Contact will be moving to a new Legacy Survey System.  I clicked on the link to use this new platform and created/implemented a survey.

To my frustration this new platform does not give you the ability to download overall survey results - only individual results.  This basic function is probably what most people use.

Customer Service informed me that I would need to download the individual results myself and compile the results.  Why are we losing this crucial function and are there plans to add it back.  If not, we will need to find a new platform as this is a pretty basic function found in all survey platforms.

MCI_Admin
Rookie

PLEASE bring back the export option that was available with legacy. We CANNOT use constant contact surveys with the current layout of export results. 

TammieW8
Rookie

I agree with the comments regarding exporting results.  CC definitely needs to bring back the ability to  sort information in a user-friendly way.  The way it exports now requires too much manual input and reorganization.  

MaryJacob
Rookie
We cannot see individual responses in their entirety. When asked in the first question to give name and address, that information does not come up together. This format is NOT as user-friendly as the old format!!!
Celeste9764
Campaign Contributor

Agreed to everything stated here! We started our annual survey a couple weeks ago, and after seeing the reporting features, in addition to the inability to insert questions with a dropdown to choose from, we will be using a different platform for our survey next year.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More