Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Limit responses to survey pages from one computer

On survey's, you used to be able to limit it to be taken only one time by a person or email address.  Now, it can be taken as many times as they wish and results get skewed.

This is by far the dumbest thing you have ever done and without even telling us.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

23 Comments
sherifa5
Rookie

limiting responses to one computer needs to be reinstated IMMEDIATELY!! Also being able to register a persons details...

LauraD8238
Rookie

Limiting responses to one per computer / or one per contact is a must for valid results. IT seems like this is pretty basic market research. Please advise how to accomplish this ASAP?!

Frankie_P

Hi @LauraD8238

We apologize, at this time there is no workaround for this feature request. We also do not have a time estimate for when it will be available as there are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product. However the good news is the more request a thread like these receive the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team. In fact, here is a section of our Community that helps explain what we do with our customer’s feedback.

ISBT2023
Constant Contact Partner

@Frankie_P - please consider this requested by the roughly 30 accounts I have under my Constant Contact partnership (one of which I am using to post this comment).

MorganBonney
Rookie

Eliminating the ability to limit one computer per response was stupid.  Plain and simple . . . stupid.

New and Improved?  No 

Dumbed down?  Yes

ChristopherR831
Campaign Contributor

In a separate thread (started in 2019) the entire subject of having an elections feature in CC has been proposed.  This is more than just one response from one machine, it's one person/one vote.   Because i can't do it within CC I've had to use another program and use cc to mail the link for that program to our members.  Unfortunately that 'free program' limits me to one less than the number of offices being voted on.  After 2 years, I'd have hoped at least a first version would be available.
The one response/one machine was a kluge based on a cookie stored on the users machine.  If someone deleted that cookie they could vote as often as they wanted.  At a minimum a one response/one email address feature needs to be released.

Frankie_P

Hi all. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain what you're looking for when it comes to responses on your survey. We’ve compiled and discussed much of this feedback you’ve shared internally. There are no immediate developments pertaining to this request, but we are continuing to share the feedback and use cases discussed here. We will mark this as Acknowledged and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

KelseyB422
Constant Contact Partner

Has this issue ever been addressed and fixed? I had someone vote for themselves over 300 times on a survey, extremely frustrating and skewing results. As the survey is at the moment, it is not reliable, fair, or accurate information or reflective of the actual answers or votes from our contacts. Is there an ETA on getting this feature fixed? 

user4232
Rookie
Is there a way to tell if one person or a group of people are not retaking the survey multiple times from the link?
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More