Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Survey Product

New Survey Product Stinks!!!

7 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @ISBT2023  we're sorry to hear you feel this way! What about our updated survey product does not currently fit your needs?

ISBT2023
Constant Contact Partner

This new survey product seems to be missing a LOT of functionality from the old survey.  From the first survey that I created (and am now going to have to go back and re-create), here's what I noticed that is missing:

• Rate items on a scale
  • Skip question logic
  • Allow users to enter a comment
  • Contact block questions (collecting respondent information) w/ options to add to contact list or not)
  • Long text answers (500 limit current, compared to old 1000 character limit)
  • Landing / Closing pages

This new survey product feels like a significant step backward, not an improvement.

Don Dinnerville

Senior Account Executive, Madeleine Crouch & Company

kathyb_biav
Marketing Legend

We agree. We may need to find a new tool - this is a major step backwards. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Clarifying

Hi @ISBT2023

Thanks for following up with these details! The good news is a lot of the feature requests are ideas we are currently collecting feedback on. In fact we recommend sharing your need for these features directly on their specific threads:

As for adding contacts to a list, are you looking for respondents that fully complete a survey to be automatically added to a list in your account? Also, where in your survey campaigns would you like more than 500 characters? What are some cases where you would need more?

ISBT2023
Constant Contact Partner

You acknowledged Dholloway, but I was the one who made the comment.

Re: "we are currently collecting feedback on."  With all due respect - you all have been collecting feedback for a year on these things.  The links you posted are dated 7/9, 4/2, 3/11, 5/3, and 3/26 - all 2021.  Why would we think that adding comments to threads that have all been open and voted up by numerous users would change anything?

Re: "Contact block questions (collecting respondent information) w/ options to add to contact list or not)" - the primary focus here is not in automatically adding it to the list, but in collecting contact information from survey respondents - exactly like the old survey product did.  As it stands, I have to add a separate survey question for each piece of contact information I wish to collect - a wild inconvenience.  And if you'll do that, then yes, we'd also like the ability for the respondent to opt-in to communication if they're not already - exactly like the old survey product did.

The increase from 500 to 1000 characters (again, something where we're just asking for a return to the way the old survey product did it) - if we host a conference and are asking for general feedback about speakers, topics, the venue, etc. - it'd be nice if our respondents didn't have limit themselves to roughly 60 words.  This is a great example of a programming decision dictating limits on user behavior rather than user behavior driving the programming.

Frankie_P

Hi @ISBT2023

We apologize for any confusion my last comment on this thread may have caused. The more request a thread like the ones shared receive the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team. In fact, here is a section of our Community that helps explain what we do with our customer’s feedback. With that said there also is a thread focused on allowing more characters in open answer questions for survey pages. We would recommend sharing your need for that feature on its thread as well.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More