Updates to Event Platform Fee

0 Votes

Just received the following from you via email and we are very disappointed to read of this change.  For a small nonprofit, who serves other public health and health-related groups, this represents a significant burden and reduces the value we have enjoyed with your product for a number of years.  I guess it is time to move on. 

This is unfortunate.

Tim Gibbs,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Valued Customer,

We wanted to let you know about an upcoming change in fees collected. As of November 1, 2021, Constant Contact will begin charging and collecting an additional Event Platform Fee from users of our Event Management Tool. This fee will not impact events that are created prior to this date.

This fee will be 2.5% + $0.50 of the grand total of the order. For example, if the order total is $100 dollars, the Event Platform Fee will be $3.00 (2.5% = $2.50 + $0.50 = $3.00).

As a user of out Event Management Tool, you have the option to pass this Event Platform Fee on to your registrant. This would then show up on the payment page as an Event Platform Fee for the registrant.

There is no action for you to take. This will begin automatically. To learn more, please refer to the linked FAQ.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Platform fees are common for many event providers, and Constant Contact has avoided charging them for a while. We are now introducing a small fee per registrant in order to remain competitive and help us work to improve our product. This is separate from any processing fee charged by Paypal or WePay

11 Comments
LisaS60457
Regular Participant

Unbelievable. The MAIN reason I still use constant contact is because of your event platform, now you're going to charge us a ridiculous fee? You already charge us for credit card payments. And now an aditional fee? And only give us LESS THAN TWO WEEKS notice before you make that change? SHAME on you. You must have known about this for awhile. You don't understand small businesses at all.  You write, "Thank you for being a loyal customer. We're working hard to provide you with the best experience for your online marketing." No, you are not.  I'm livid.

MargaretG412
Frequent Participant

We are also a small nonprofit and this will have an impact to us as well. We gave social workers free webinars for CEUs. With Covid, that became unsustainable for us so we charge a small fee. Social workers are desperately needed at this time and, unfortunately, they need CEUs to retain their license and many times they have to pay for them out of their own pockets.

This will further erode our ability to keep this program.

Best,

Katherine Prouty

GLSS

Events used for the Converations for Caring program.

KathyS4
Regular Participant

I'm with you Lisa. There is no reason for this new fee. Especially when there are so many issues with the platform. 

KathyS4
Regular Participant

No improvements, just want more money.

LisaS60457
Regular Participant

Thanks, KathyS4... sad. Covid did a number on me with events and now CC is. Ugh.

AmericasBoatingClubHiltonHead
Regular Participant

Thanks for sharing.  We have the same problem.  I sent feedback to CC and gat a reply stating that they changes the title of my feedback from Fees to Open Questions.  We are a non profit and have the same concerns.  Have you received any feedback from CC on this?

This is funny - I am not leading an effort to expand the use of CC from 500 users to over 3000.  Guess what's going to happen now?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Platform fees are common for many event providers, and Constant Contact has avoided charging them for a while. We are now introducing a small fee per registrant in order to remain competitive and help us work to improve our product. This is separate from any processing fee charged by Paypal or WePay

AmericasBoatingClubHiltonHead
Regular Participant

Great to know that someone is reading/listening.  But what exactly does the comment mean?  Has the change been stopped for now?  Are they still going ahead with this regardless?  Bottom line - is this still in effect as of November 1?  

The Portland Literacy Council has been struggling to understand how to absorb this additional fee. 

We would like to ability to at least INVITE our workshop participants to cover this additional fee, but we do not want to REQUIRE them to, as they are often on limited incomes. Is there any way to do this?

If they don't, we  must, and as a small non-profit, this hurts.  Is there a way to at least reduce the fee for non-profits??

AngelaH26
Participant

We are a chamber of commerce and I was setting up a registration for an event we have coming up and I was just made aware of your new policy to charge for people when they register on an email we may send to our members.  I can understand this if we are using your credit card processing service but for something that no money is flowing through you hence no risk on your part I have a problem with this.  Chamber's are non for profit as you are aware and we promote you to our members who are looking for ways to email customers.  I am not willing to eat the cost of the registration nor am I willing to pass this cost along to our members.  We received no communication that this was happening and we will no longer be using the event feature on your website.  

CNPTO
Regular Participant

I am also very disappointed with this feature.  I have contacted Constant Contact about this issue.  I represent a non-profit and it is unfair for us to pass this additional fee on to the people who are supporting us.  I am hopeful that Constant Contact will reconsider these fees, since we are already paying a monthly fee with them as well as a credit card fee with PayPal.  

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More