Q&A: Digital Marketing Must-Haves to Attract, Engage, & Grow

Caitlin_M
Administrator

You’ve invested time in reviewing your efforts and creating your marketing plan, and now it’s time to put your plans into action. 

We're taking the most popular questions from our latest webinar and expanding upon them to assist you with attracting new customers or supporters, engaging your audience with the right message at the right time, and growing your impact and results faster with tools that streamline your work.

Have a question left over from the webinar? Leave us a comment below.

You can view the webinar directly through Wistia or right here on the Blog!

Which social media channels should I be focusing on? There are so many out there and it's a lot of work to create content for all of them.

Every small business can benefit from some sort of social media presence. We recommend starting your social media strategy with one primary platform so you don't feel overwhelmed. You'll want to make your choice based on your business type, your goals, and where you’re most likely to find your customers and prospective customers. For example, B2Bs will find the most benefit from LinkedIn. If you are a business that uses a lot of visuals or video in your marketing, Instagram may be the way to go. Try them out and don't be afraid to experiment. Nothing is set in stone.

Blog: How to Use Social Media Marketing to Grow Your Business

Can I post the same thing across social media/email/blogs?
We recommend using the same theme but modifying the post to suit each channel. Each channel has different features like the ability to include links and sometimes people expect to see different things on certain channels.

I'm a franchise and I can't make my own website? What can I do?

It's worth contacting the franchise to see what options are available for you. If for some reason you are not able to create a website for your specific location, see if you can use social media. Luckily, we have a guide to building your brand on social media

Some of our contacts are signing up with minimal information. How do we collect more information from them? Or possibly, is a way that allows a customer to update their profile?

If you have optional fields on a sign-up form, unfortunately, those are just as they say: optional. People have their own levels of privacy and may not want to give out information about themselves so easily, especially if they are new to your business or organization. In the footer of your emails, you can include a link to an Update Profile form if they decide down the line to tell you more about themselves.

What is a good/bad frequency for sending email?
There isn't a standard answer to this question. Good and bad frequency for email varies based on your business and the expectations you set with your audience upon sign-up.

In short, you want to send at least once a month so your subscribers don't forget about you. But if you set the expectations appropriately with subscribers and have enough valuable content and information to share, you can send more frequently. Test out different frequencies to see what works for your organization. Watch your reporting, especially unsubscribes, clicks, and conversions to see the effect and adjust your sending frequency accordingly.

Is there anywhere in Constant Contact that shows me the best day/time to email my customers using previous data?

You can find the best time to send by looking at your reporting. If you send emails out at different times, is there one that performs the best? See our Knowledge Base article on the best time to send an email.

Several of our emails are not being opened by our contacts who want to receive them. Are these being blocked by the contact’s servers? How do we address this?

If an email was blocked, it would show in your reporting. Have them check their spam or junk folders. You can also view your Suspended report. If they continue to not receive your emails, you can contact our Delivery team.

You showed off a lot of integrations. I use Canva to create my graphics. How does that integrate with Constant Contact?

If you create graphics in Canva, you can easily export them into your Constant Contact Library for you to use later in your campaigns, including emails, social posts, and landing pages.

Resources

Marketing Digest

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Support Tips

Social Media

"There's a multitude of ways to engage your audience through us using your social platforms - via ads, social post metrics, email links, and more! " - Will

See Article

Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article

Support Tips

Welcome Your Audience

"Greet new contacts with one or more automated Welcome Emails depending on their interests or your business goals." - Nick

See Article