ACCENTS

SOLVED
Go to solution
BetsyM807
Rookie
0 Votes

HOW TO PUT AN ACCENT OVER A FRENCH WORD IN MY TEXT?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BetsyM807. You can insert special characters by using ALT keys or changing the language on your keyboard. If you are unable to do so, a simple copy and paste of the word or accented letter should suffice. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BetsyM807. You can insert special characters by using ALT keys or changing the language on your keyboard. If you are unable to do so, a simple copy and paste of the word or accented letter should suffice. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
BeccaE
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for this reply. I was able to copy and paste Spanish text into an email message. 

Are CSV or TXT files with special characters in email recipient names or their company names still not allowed on CC?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BeccaE ,

Due to how accented characters can impact the coding for email address functions in our tools, importing contacts with accented characters in their email address isn't currently available. For example, josé@examplemail.com wouldn't be able to be imported, but jose@examplemail.com could be imported.

Contacts with accents in their first name, last name, or other non-email address fields can be imported.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BeccaE
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks, William. So accented characters are ok. I was able to successfully upload CSV and TXT files to test this.

However, other special characters in Spanish and Portuguese names and company names cannot be uploaded. Is that correct?  

In particular, I'm considering letters such as ñ, ç, õ , ã.  

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'm able to upload contacts whose names contain ñ, ç, õ , ã as part of a file import and for the type/paste multiple method.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (60%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST