Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

Add a mailto link in an email

RickL64
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello Constant Contact, I've followed your instruction and tried to use HTML to add a CC or BCC in order to copy multiple people on the email. But it didn't work. Can you help me? I've tried mailto:mail@domain.com?cc=mail@domain.com when creating an email/web page link, but it didn't work. You can test it out. Or please advise me a way around this? Appreciate the help! Thank you. Kyle

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @RickL64 ,

Our devs are looking into reported issues where some email addresses cause errors when used for the ?cc= coding in the pre-built email setup. It looks like you may have already sent us a DM on social media, if you could, please provide exactly what you were typing as a DM response there, we can submit this info to our devs for further investigation.

Otherwise, please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with:

• the subject line: Mailto: CC Error
  • your account username in the body, to make sure we're matching it up with the correct account if it doesn't automatically in our CRM
  • the full exact text you were trying to setup as a coded mailto: link (email, cc'd email, subject, body, etc.)

In the meantime, the only workaround would be to leave off the ?cc= element from the rest of the pre-built email message.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RickL64 ,

Our devs are looking into reported issues where some email addresses cause errors when used for the ?cc= coding in the pre-built email setup. It looks like you may have already sent us a DM on social media, if you could, please provide exactly what you were typing as a DM response there, we can submit this info to our devs for further investigation.

Otherwise, please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with:

• the subject line: Mailto: CC Error
  • your account username in the body, to make sure we're matching it up with the correct account if it doesn't automatically in our CRM
  • the full exact text you were trying to setup as a coded mailto: link (email, cc'd email, subject, body, etc.)

In the meantime, the only workaround would be to leave off the ?cc= element from the rest of the pre-built email message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SusanSecretary2023
Rookie
0 Votes

Four months later ad I am having exactly the same problem.

0 Votes

This is still not working 

When I put in the second email per your instructions the message is that it is an invalid email, which I know is not true.

?cc=   another email  is

same problem with ?bcc

After waiting for 3 months for an answer.

Could you let me know if anyone working on this problem?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SusanSecretary2023 ,

The issue is still being looked into by the devs. Please do not post potentially sensitive account info and people's direct emails within the Community.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (74%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST