Add the Ability to Upload Suppression Lists

SOLVED
Go to solution
CampusGuard
Rookie
0 Votes

I would like to see the ability to upload suppression lists that can be used as part of an email send. Here's a use case: I send out an email inviting users to a live demo. I want to send out another email to those who haven't signed up for the live demo 1-2 weeks later to help increase registrations. I don't want to send to those who have already registered for the event. Instead, I want the ability to add those who registered to a suppression list so they will not receive email #2, and so I don't have to manually remove those who registered from the initial list. 

This is actually a standard feature that is already available in many email platforms. It would be nice if Constant Contact included this feature to help streamline the list management process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @CampusGuard ,

It sounds like this could be accomplished by using either existing segmentation functionalities, or by using the remove from list functionality. For the italicized bits, you'd insert whatever name is applicable / preferred. It'd go like this:

• You have your Main List you send the event invite to.
  • You upload the list of contacts that registered for the event as a separate list called Event Sign-Up Suppression.
  • You make a copy of Main List by selecting all the contacts in Main List > Actions > Add to List > Create a new list > and name it Event Follow-Up.
  • You then go into your Event Sign-Up Suppression, select-all the contacts > Actions > Remove from List > select the Event Follow-Up list.

Or

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator

Hello @CampusGuard ,

It sounds like this could be accomplished by using either existing segmentation functionalities, or by using the remove from list functionality. For the italicized bits, you'd insert whatever name is applicable / preferred. It'd go like this:

• You have your Main List you send the event invite to.
  • You upload the list of contacts that registered for the event as a separate list called Event Sign-Up Suppression.
  • You make a copy of Main List by selecting all the contacts in Main List > Actions > Add to List > Create a new list > and name it Event Follow-Up.
  • You then go into your Event Sign-Up Suppression, select-all the contacts > Actions > Remove from List > select the Event Follow-Up list.

Or

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
CampusGuard
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William,
Thank you for your suggestions. I choose the first one and this worked. I appreciate your assistance!
- Kathy S.

AshleyW544
Rookie
0 Votes

As the original request said, this is a standard feature on most email platforms, even the terrible ones. Please add this as a feature. The instructions you've put here are a waste of time. The suppression list feature would solve this and not take up valuable time!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (80%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST