Add the Ability to Upload Suppression Lists

SOLVED
Go to solution
CampusGuard
Rookie
0 Votes

I would like to see the ability to upload suppression lists that can be used as part of an email send. Here's a use case: I send out an email inviting users to a live demo. I want to send out another email to those who haven't signed up for the live demo 1-2 weeks later to help increase registrations. I don't want to send to those who have already registered for the event. Instead, I want the ability to add those who registered to a suppression list so they will not receive email #2, and so I don't have to manually remove those who registered from the initial list. 

This is actually a standard feature that is already available in many email platforms. It would be nice if Constant Contact included this feature to help streamline the list management process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @CampusGuard ,

It sounds like this could be accomplished by using either existing segmentation functionalities, or by using the remove from list functionality. For the italicized bits, you'd insert whatever name is applicable / preferred. It'd go like this:

• You have your Main List you send the event invite to.
  • You upload the list of contacts that registered for the event as a separate list called Event Sign-Up Suppression.
  • You make a copy of Main List by selecting all the contacts in Main List > Actions > Add to List > Create a new list > and name it Event Follow-Up.
  • You then go into your Event Sign-Up Suppression, select-all the contacts > Actions > Remove from List > select the Event Follow-Up list.

Or

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator

Hello @CampusGuard ,

It sounds like this could be accomplished by using either existing segmentation functionalities, or by using the remove from list functionality. For the italicized bits, you'd insert whatever name is applicable / preferred. It'd go like this:

• You have your Main List you send the event invite to.
  • You upload the list of contacts that registered for the event as a separate list called Event Sign-Up Suppression.
  • You make a copy of Main List by selecting all the contacts in Main List > Actions > Add to List > Create a new list > and name it Event Follow-Up.
  • You then go into your Event Sign-Up Suppression, select-all the contacts > Actions > Remove from List > select the Event Follow-Up list.

Or

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
CampusGuard
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William,
Thank you for your suggestions. I choose the first one and this worked. I appreciate your assistance!
- Kathy S.

AshleyW544
Rookie
0 Votes

As the original request said, this is a standard feature on most email platforms, even the terrible ones. Please add this as a feature. The instructions you've put here are a waste of time. The suppression list feature would solve this and not take up valuable time!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (67%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Jun 06
Maximize Your Marketing Impact with Vimeo & Constant Contact
2PM - 3PM EST
Jun 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST