Bounced email from a valid email address

DougW0
Rookie
0 Votes

One of my contacts is listed as "bounced". I've confirmed that her email is correct. What can I do so that she can receive our email?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Did you check the type of bounce? The type will determine what steps are best to address it. For example, if the contact is suspended, then I'd recommend unsuspending the address then doing the quicksend. 

If the contact is bouncing as blocked or non-existent, make sure your account is self-authenticated (if your From address is your organization's domain), or check to see if the contact needs to safelist your address

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DougW0 ,

There was a delivery-related issue with Yahoo, SBC Global and other affiliated email addresses last night into this early morning, and was resolved as of 9:45 AM Eastern US Time. If the original sendout / bounce occurred prior to that time try re-sending your email, such as via Quicksend, to see if they're able to receive the email as intended.

If the original sendout / bounce occurred after 9:45 AM Eastern US Time, I'd advise speaking with one of our Delivery support agents

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DougW0
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you.  The issue goes back many months, I only just discovered it this week.  I did try Quicksend and it bounced once again.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Did you check the type of bounce? The type will determine what steps are best to address it. For example, if the contact is suspended, then I'd recommend unsuspending the address then doing the quicksend. 

If the contact is bouncing as blocked or non-existent, make sure your account is self-authenticated (if your From address is your organization's domain), or check to see if the contact needs to safelist your address

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Feb 29
Crafting the Right Content Mix: Ideas to Inspire Your Digital Marketing
2PM - 3PM EST