Announcing Campaign Builder!

Can I change the width of the cells in a table inserted into an email?

DharmaRefuge
Rookie

Hi - I'd like to insert a table that has a narrow column and a wide column. Does Constant Contact allow me to adjust the width of columns in an email table? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DharmaRefuge ,

At this time, it isn't possible to customize table cells' widths. The only workaround for this from a design perspective I can suggest would be to set it up in a program dedicated to building tables, screencap it, then insert that table screencap as an image in your email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
TomS44526
Campaign Contributor

This would be a very helpful improvement.   We use tables to display the line itemed inventory in outgoing emails...  REALLY would be great if Constant Contact  could do this for their customers.  I believe it would be used more than you think,

PrimeMLS
Rookie

Considering that images become blurry almost instantly when you adjust the size, that's not a valid workaround. If you're going to offer the ability to have a table in an email, then adjusting the width of the columns and rows should be the bare minimum of features. Otherwise, it's not a useful feature at all.

LauraS4149
Rookie

We're on a 60-day trial with CC, and I'm afraid not being able to customize column widths will be a dealbreaker. Is there a plug-in or some source code we can implement? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LauraS4149 ,

If the standard editor's functionality won't work for your needs and you wish to code your own emails, then I'd advise using the custom code editor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST