Decrease in Open rate over last month from steady 30% to 18%

OliverS265
Rookie
0 Votes
According to our account info, our domain is verified and I recently cleared out contacts that were bouncing and listed as recommended to be removed. My email formats and subject lines have basically remained the same. I don't understand why our open rate would be steadily decreasing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might do to bring it back up?
1 REPLY 1
DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth
Community Coach

Good question. There could be a few reasons why your open rates are decreasing. If you would like to provide a link to a recent email, I can give you some personal suggestions. In the meantime, here are some ideas that will help:

• Make sure your subject line is compelling. It’s the “front door”to your email. Personalize it or include emojis when they make sense. Mention an exclusive offer or information that benefits the reader. For our clients, we sometimes include a local event or recipe in the preheader to spark interest.
  • Test different days and times for sending emails. Mix it up. Send on a weekend or evening. You may be surprised at the results.
  • The content of your emails may be too similar and no longer resonating with your audience. Review your content, include a promotion, an interesting article, new information.
  • Redesign your template. Sometimes the look and feel of an email becomes stale if used for too long. Ensure your design is
    mobile-friendly.
  • Regularly add new email subscribers to your email list. Add a pop up to your website to attract new email addresses.

Reach out to me if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.

David Fischer

Solutions for Growth

Schedule a call - https://bit.ly/ScheduleDavidCall

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST