Dropped Open Rates Since Feb. Authentication

AltaMed
Campaign Contributor

Hello, Our open rates have dropped substantially since we were required to authenticate our domain. Note: We use Constant Contact for INTERNAL messaging only (to our company employees), so there is no issue with their email addresses, etc. I've opened a case with the Delivery team and worked with both my IT Network and IT Security teams to make sure the CC IP Addresses are safe-listed/white-listed. At this point, there is no issue on our end. Is CC experiencing any issues that you are not sharing with us? How often do you update your records to list the open and click rates? Any other customers experiencing significant drops in the open rates? Thank you...

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AltaMed ,

No, if your network's security is blocking the emails (or their tracking functionality) despite the self-authentication, then something needs to be tweaked in it to safelist our domains since that still applies to the links, documents, images, reporting, etc. If your coworkers' email client settings block images from downloading unless explicitly prompted to, this can also affect the open reports.

If there was a widespread issue to report on reporting or delivery, it'd be posted as banners in your account, in the Community, and on the status page

See also:

Email Authentication FAQ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
AltaMed
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Per our network security, we are allowing all traffic, including emails or their tracking links. So that's not the issue. Any other suggestions?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Are your coworkers allowing images to download / display in the emails, including the 1x1 transparent tracking pixel? Or are they not allowing the images to display when they look at the email?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
EricS106
Rookie
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  I typically had about 30% opens with my list, which I had in January.  I self-authenticated my account, and sent my next email this week.  My open rate was only 3%.  This happened with a few different lists.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @EricS106.  Our specialized Delivery team is best suited to look into this drop in opens for you. You can contact them at the phone numbers and hours listed here.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST