Event Blocks - Adding/Removing/Moving Synced Elements

SOLVED
Go to solution
user4977
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I would like to add and remove and shuffle around some of the synced elements in an event block within a landing page I've created. For some reason, I can only do so to the image and event link (button) that are on the original event page, but all other elements like description, start date, and location are immovable and can't be deleted. Your webpage (https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/email-digital-marketing/articles/KnowledgeBase/51048-Add-a...) suggests that I should be able to move/manipulate all elements (I know they can't actually be edited). If I hover over or try to change any of the elements I listed, the upper editing banner just says "Event" next to the trashcan, as opposed to "Image" or "Event Link" with options to adapt or delete those. Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @user4977 ,

At this time, some elements of the event block are considered critical and necessary, and can't be deleted - e.g. the description, the date, and the location.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator

Hello @user4977 ,

At this time, some elements of the event block are considered critical and necessary, and can't be deleted - e.g. the description, the date, and the location.

William A
user4977
Campaign Collaborator

I see. It would be very nice to have more editing capabilities within these blocks in the future! We'd like the event page to stay as is, but it becomes hard to add/change any of the event content in an email or landing page with those elements being "critical".

LeslieB236
Rookie

I 100% agree with user4977.....my landing page looks ridiculous with the event link on it. Its a free multi day event and it does not even show all the days (just the first day) which I can't remove. At least let me center it or change the font something! Or link to the event with a button instead of the event action.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @LeslieB236 ,

The event block, much like a Read More block, is just built to pull specific information as dictated from the info plugged into an event. If the default functionality of an event block isn't quite what you'd prefer for your email invites and landing pages, then you can still format these campaigns with regular image, text, and button blocks, and delete the default event block.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST