Event Email Scheduling, PLEASE LET IT BE MORE THAN 45 DAYS IN ADVANCE!

Relics
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Not being able to schedule event emails for more than 45 days in advance

Really? So counter productive. Please change back to the way it was.

Not sure when you might change it back...

WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT TO BEGIN WITH?  NOT GOOD!!! Arrrr!

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator

Hello @Relics ,

I had no issue scheduling emails within my event for much further than 45 days out, even a year out. Have you checked your event's current date, in case you're accidentally trying to schedule the email past that date?

Can you provide the exact error message you're receiving, or a screencap of it? Is this in the retiring, legacy events builder or is it in the newer events tool?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Relics
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I don't know how to tell which one!  Sorry.  But I emailed you a copy of the screen shot.  Here it is again. I recconstant contact screen shot.jpg

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

That is the older, retiring legacy event builder and is how it has functioned for a few years now. If you're needing to schedule your emails further out for legacy events, I'd advise using either the regular email editor to link your event registration page, or using the newer event tool.

William A
Relics
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

How do I use the regular email editor to link my event registration page?  Trying to not have to recreate.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Just like any other URL, you can insert the event's share URL as a link in an email.

Event URL

Text links

Image links

Button links

Keep in mind this won't allow the event to work with "non-responder-only" type emails from within your event. If you plan to utilize the non-responder-only type emails for your event, then I'd advise just sticking with your current event setup and waiting for when you can schedule the email.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST