Forwarding an email and signing up for future newsletters

RachelM
Rookie
0 Votes

I get newsletters that allow me to forward the newsletter or someone forwards me something and I have the option to sign up for future newsletters. Does Constant Contact offer this option? I found the social share block but when I experimented with it- and chose the email option, it took me to to this page : https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/email-digital-marketing/articles/KnowledgeBase/22841-make-.... It did not offer to forward the email I wanted to forward. Is this a mistake in your system or did I do something wrong? Please advise. Thank you. Rachel

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RachelM ,

That's because the forward social icon uses the email's permanent URL which isn't live until the email is actually sent out. Therefore in tests and previews it won't work. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
RachelM
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for answering my question -- but that makes it impossible to test.

I wanted to see what shows up on the recipient of the shared newsletter's side and is there any way to add text somewhere that allows the recipient to sign up for the newsletter they were just forwarded.  I don't see how that can be done unless I add it to the top of my newsletter when it goes out to everyone who is already on my list.

Hopefully this makes sense.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

No, there's no functionality like that. The forward button literally just generates a basic message encouraging a person to click the link that goes to the email's webpage version. There's no editing of that message or anything else. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (82%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST